Fox News vs CNN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 10:32 AM
RE: Fox News vs CNN
(13-04-2017 08:51 AM)John Derderian Wrote:  As of January he was claiming three to five million illegal votes, and literally all of them for Clinton.

According to Trump, only Democrats cheat.

Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2017, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017 08:14 AM by Deltabravo.)
I get the impression that CNN is fully in the camp of the "politically correct" while Fox is for people who will say that thinking about ideas like mixed government, checks and balances and human rights "hurts my brain".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCPIrs90eg
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
18-04-2017, 08:10 AM
(18-04-2017 08:00 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I get the impression that CNN is fully in the camp of the "politically correct" while Fox is for people who find that thinking about ideas like mixed government, checks and balances and human rights "hurts their brains".

That's good. Smile

#sigh
18-04-2017, 09:11 AM
FOX spins most news to attract the Right.

CNN spins most news to attract the Left.

NOBODY comes down the middle.

I do find CNN to be a bit more tolerable because sometimes they give real news.
18-04-2017, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017 11:44 AM by Tomasia.)
(12-04-2017 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It seems to me that a person in USA needs to make a great deal of effort in order to try and get a non political view (objective view) of what is going on in your country.

That's if we were to imagine that all we have is CNN and Fox News. The audience for these networks barely cracks at their best over 3 million viewers, which is roughly 1% of the American population. While they may be the most visible voices, there's also quite marginal.

I'd say CNN leans just as strongly to the left, as Fox News leans to the right. If you strongly identify with the left, CNN, Huffpo would be good source leanings to that persuasion.

And in my view every publication leans in one political direction or the other, at least when taken as a whole. I consider myself more of a centrist, perhaps a right leaning centrist. Sources like NYTimes, can perhaps be considered left of centrist, the Economist as well, while the Wallstreet Journal can be placed at about right of center. And I'd say such publications tend not to strongly lean on one side or the other, like FOX and CNN do, but it's always good to balance difference sources out, if you're aiming for a complete picture.

And of course, the sources I mentioned are written sources. Cable News on the other is more entertainment driven, than information driven, circulating the same stories over and over again to attract their respective audiences and the advertisers that covet them.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-04-2017, 02:16 AM
MSNBC. I like Rachel Maddow, but lately, listening to her relentless rundown on the latest scandals is like drinking from a fire hose. It's so hard keeping all of this straight in my mind

One of the things I don't like is nobody does economics. We had 270 well regarded top economists, including 8 Nobel Laureates recommend not voting for Trump because his economics made no sense. And another bunch of economists including 19 Nobel Laureates recommending voting for Clinton, because the GOP economic plans are so bad. That open letter has disappeared from the net and nobody in the press seems to notice or care.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/02/donald-tru...es-letter/

Ryan's economic plans are also crap. But nobody reports the details. This is the stuff that will hurt us bad if the GOP screws that up again. Like Bush doubling the national debt and leaving office with our economy a smoking crater.

And this depresses me. I wish the MSM would get these experts to explain the details so we could hopefully avoid another 8 lost years of economic stupidity.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
20-04-2017, 07:20 AM
(20-04-2017 02:16 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  MSNBC. I like Rachel Maddow, but lately, listening to her relentless rundown on the latest scandals is like drinking from a fire hose. It's so hard keeping all of this straight in my mind

She has been kinda manic recently. She makes me think of Warren Zevon.

#sigh
20-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Fuck 'em both.

PBS, CBC, BBC for the win.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-04-2017, 12:28 PM
CNN: We have a good day once in a while, but mostly we beat dead horses, and we do it last. We trot out Anderson Cooper when we need credibility restored.

MSNBC: We're the left wing equivalent of Fox News. Also, we're going to reveal tax returns a guy got in his mailbox, which are not itemized, and from a year nobody wanted to see. Which say "client copy" on them. We tell you to hate the American government now that there's a Republican, after eight years of telling you to (mostly) love the government when there was a Democrat. We have Brian Williams in exile from NBC News (who recently hired Megyn Kelly as she left Fox), and we just hired Greta Van Susteren who left Fox. Also for the "liberal" network we sure do seem to be firing or forcing out a lot of African American women...Joy Reid, Tamron Hall, Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry...

Fox News: We're the right wing equivalent of MSNBC. Now let's all ignore Bill O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlson, Greta Van Susteren, or Roger Ailes has ever existed while we lovingly extol about the gloriousness of the American government now that there's a Republican back in office after spending eight years of telling you to hate the government while the Democrat was in office. If you want to watch white men tell you what's wrong with the world, and don't want any of your female anchors to wear pants, this is your network. We also still play host to Geraldo "empty vault" "Satanic panic" "kicked out of the invasion of Iraq for drawing maps on air of US troop positions and endangering soldiers lives" Rivera and perhaps our only anchor with mainstream recognized credibility, Chris Wallace.

Need to think of a witty signature.
20-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Some day the secret will come out and Comedy Channel will admit to running Fox News as a joke.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post