Fox News vs CNN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Fox News vs CNN
I watch PBS or BBC for news.

Of course the right still labels them both "liberal", but they are the type that only watch Fox and listen to Rush Limbaugh.

I can't watch Fox News and barely can watch CNN or MSNBC.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
22-05-2017, 10:42 AM
I don't have cable so I watch the CBS evening news. But really I depend upon word of mouth from the forums to hear about the really interesting stuff. Maybe following up with cnn.com or a quoted news source.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
I think, regarding the Trump BS, the negative articles on Foxnews are better than the articles on CNN.

As a whole Fox is trash, the stuff that makes the front page reads as if the White house themselves run this media outlet.

But...
I really do like and trust Chris Wallace and Shep Smith.

Normally, media outlets focus on the content of the leaks, let's face it, it is the media's business to get to the bottom of things, to highlight to the public what really is going on, rather than to tow the line of the propaganda that is being dished out.
While CNN focusses on the content of the leaks and the Russian controversy, Fox News don't mention this on their front page, they instead focus on the crime of leaks.

However, Shep isn't buying that shit. He knows the focus is the content of the leaks
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/...s-say.html

In the video footage Shep asks
Quote:As we really always knew and have reported here, the matter of Mexico paying for the wall was a political matter and not real matter, and the conversation with Australia's leader was exactly as we reported it, the president said that the media lied about it and now it turns out that he misrepresented the truth

Josh Gerstein responds
Quote:It seems that the president's obsession with leaks and secrecy is in order to defend a space in which he wants to deny or depart from the truth, he wants the keep the option open to tell the American public something different than what actually happened.
It's difficult to get behind the drive for secrecy and a crackdown on leaks when there are so many contradictions between the president and the white house's official line that what the facts appear to be.

I understand that it is a crime to be leaking confidential information, but the leakers appear to be genuinely trying to correct lies that are being told to the public. Even other country's leaders and leader of boy scouts etc are motivated to come forth with the truth when they see your president lying to your public.

These leakers are in my opinion, heroes, standing up for truth, risking alot for this truth. They are defending the American people from a deceitful president.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-08-2017, 09:48 PM
My off the cuff opinion is as follows: Tweedledee and Tweedledumb with MSNBC as Tweedlecunt. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
28-09-2017, 12:50 PM
CNN leans slightly towards the Democrats, but at least they make a decent effort at trying to be fair. However, with this crazy Trump saga, it's easy for republicans to accuse CNN of favoritism because they do seem to bash Trump all the time. On the other hand, I can't really blame CNN for what appears to be Trump bashing because Trump is simply doing crazy shit things to deserve it.

Fox? ROFLMAO!

'Nuff said about Fox.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
29-09-2017, 07:47 AM
(12-04-2017 08:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My view is that anyone who relies on either Fox or CNN to tell them what's going on in the world probably has no Censored'ing idea what's going on in the world.

As crazy as it sounds, I was very impressed with Al Jazeera on several of the stories I have seen them do. I watched them when I was in South Africa for a week earlier this year. They were reporting on stuff from around the world. I know that they wouldn't do something that would make the Saudis look bad or anything, but in terms of what they were reporting, it was pretty diverse from what I saw.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-09-2017, 08:52 AM
I do watch, well, listen to CNN. If I hear something new happening, I fact check online. I do like Reuters.

If it's really interesting I poke around and pull some salient points to post here.

I also watch the old 3 at times, ABC, CBS and MSNBC. PBS when I can catch it.

I have become way too preoccupied with the news since trump. And still, we do miss all the shit he does quietly in the background since all the news just gobble up what he throws them instead of bothering to look at things he does quietly... Twitter serves him well that way, he does control the conversation.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-09-2017, 09:46 AM
I don't watch news channels, save for those times something huge is going on (disaster, bombing etc).

My biggest issue with the "news" today they just don't report the news of the day, but they have to tell you what you should think about it too. I see that all the time on CNN, they have to go to their "panel of experts" to tell us what we should think about this.

Local news beats an issue into the ground, like when our state wanted to make certain cold medicine prescription only. For weeks and weeks prior to that all we heard on the news was stories about how horrible the Meth problem was for Portland.

After we couldn't get cold medicine over the counter, the local news just stopped talking about it. Our problem with Meth wasn't solved by this action (far from, it has grown and regardless of the availability of certain over the counter medicines). But the media just stopped mentioning the meth problem. I guess the rational was that if they continued to report that it was an issue, people would get pissed that they lost their cold medicine for no good reason.

If they report on a press conference they usually dumb it down to a couple of soundbites, and tell us what else was said and that greatly depends on their station's bias.

So, I'd have to go to Google and search for the whole press conference myself and watch that. Too many times to count, I'd finish watching it and wonder, if they watched the same conference.

I think the problem began when 24 hour news became a thing, and then news had become entertainment because ratings. So now we have opinion shows that are masquerading as news. The average person is too dumb to see it, because they've been spoon-fed this type of journalism for years now.

I also think we have to get over the fact the people sitting in front of the camera are just that...a pretty faced schmuck with a decent speaking voice that are reading the teleprompter. Someone else has written the copy. In most cases they aren't reporting, they're just reading.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-10-2017, 12:31 PM
This morning I read in the San Francisco Chronicle that some republican congressperson has introduced legislation to liberalize the purchase of silencers and to make it nationwide that concealed carry is lawful.

It is my opinion that this congressperson is only playing to a significant percentage of his home districts residents. That they have no real hope that the bill will pass. I certainly hope that is the case.

I view and listen to multiple news outlets. I always let my mind lead. I do not trust those who write or speak the words one little bit. I think about what I read and hear and make my own judgements.

For example Rachel Maddow's obsession with Russia has gotten boring if on occasion she has made interesting points mostly about Trump's economic ties with Russia. But that only, the idea that Russia helped win the election is so stupid as to be meaningless. But that Trump may have difficult economic ties to Russia is not meaningless.

One simply has to think and not assume that any news person is giving you the straight or completely true story.
02-10-2017, 08:10 PM
(29-09-2017 09:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Local news beats an issue into the ground, like when our state wanted to make certain cold medicine prescription only. For weeks and weeks prior to that all we heard on the news was stories about how horrible the Meth problem was for Portland.

After we couldn't get cold medicine over the counter, the local news just stopped talking about it. Our problem with Meth wasn't solved by this action --far from, it has grown and regardless of the availability of certain over the counter medicines.
Not to derail the topic, Moms, but I work for a place that has a drug and alcohol rehab and peer support program, so we see the laws and stats that go down on this stuff. I know a lot of people were P-O-ed when Oregon took Sudafed off the shelves as an OTC remedy, but doing that did have a
major impact on meth production in the state. In the first year the first regulation went into effect, the number of meth labs busted in the state dropped from nearly 450 to less than 200 for the year, After two years, when the full law went into effect, the number dropped to around 20, and it's remained low ever since.

Meth does remain a problem in the state, but only a small fraction of it is being manufactured here: it's now showing up mostly in the form of imports from Mexico. In some parts of the state -- Lane County, for example -- the number of meth-addicted clients we see has dropped precipitously over the past 10 years. Unfortunately, it appears that heroin addiction is on the rise; it's not yet clear whether this is because with fewer meth cases we are only now starting to see the true extent of the heroin problem, or because heroin is replacing meth as a drug of choice.

But... did you know that iodine was also banned from OTC sales in the state by the same legislation? I mean ordinary tincture of iodine liquid, like we used to get in 1 ounce bottles, for disinfecting cuts and scrapes. Can't buy it in the state since 2007. I only discovered this recently (a bottle of iodine lasts a LONG time), when I couldn't find it in the pharmacy, asked the pharmacist, and got the hairy eyeball as he intoned "that stuff is illegal". Looked up the law, and there it was.

Had to buy my antiseptic on Amazon, thus either exploiting a loophole in the law, or committing a misdemeanor, not quite sure which. Unsure

In all of the heavy news saturation regarding Sudafed, I don't remember this little fact being mentioned.

What I see a lot -- all too much -- in both local and national/international news, are mere sound-bites, with the tag, "to read more about this story, visit our website". This always annoys me: I'm watching TV or listening to the radio. If a story is important enough to cover, then give me full coverage in the media it's being presented in. If I'd wanted to get my news on the web, I wouldn't be listening to the radio or watching the TV -- I'd have gone directly to their website at the onset.

When news sources complain that the internet has changed the nature of news reporting, they really have to take some of the responsibility for encouraging/forcing/pandering-to that change themselves.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."