Foxworthy Bible Trivia Show

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Foxworthy Bible Trivia Show
This show is just what any sarcastic atheist would dream of.

Christmas has come early...

So, this opens the door to:
"You must be a Christian if..."

I want to go straight to "...you're a fucking moron", but that's just my emotional reptilian brain jumping ahead of my evolved primate frontal lobe.

Would they let an Atheist Team play?

A funny comment on the show:
http://jezebel.com/5926879/jeff-foxworth...zed-bibles

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2012, 04:42 AM
RE: Foxworthy Bible Trivia Show
Awesome. Like it says in the comments there, this reduces the babble to a game and it'll really show up how little believers know about it.

An atheist team would clean up.

[edit to correct auto-correct]

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
15-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Yoooooooooooou, might be a Christian if you go to a family reunion and tell your gay cousin he's going to hell.

I suspect the atheists teams would do better than the Christians, seeing as we have a vastly greater grasp of the Bible than they do.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
16-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Atheists might have an issue too: knowing too much.

Like if they ask any question on Jesus birth or death or judas' death or anything else needing an order (wherein the bible has different versions or orders) -- atheists may need clarifications or say where to look for proof--Christians may just agree being influenced by society's interpretation of the bible.

Others may be in Christians favor because the information may be pointless as far as debating or just of use. Like who someone talked to or something at a war.

Hopefully this made sense I just woke up and I am on a touchscreen to post.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
16-08-2012, 05:49 AM
(16-08-2012 05:14 AM)elemts Wrote:  Atheists might have an issue too: knowing too much.

Like if they ask any question on Jesus birth or death or judas' death or anything else needing an order (wherein the bible has different versions or orders) -- atheists may need clarifications or say where to look for proof--Christians may just agree being influenced by society's interpretation of the bible.

Others may be in Christians favor because the information may be pointless as far as debating or just of use. Like who someone talked to or something at a war.

Not entirely. Have some coffee and get back to us.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Fighting the urge.... to take... too far.... AAAHHH!

Can't help it. Here we go.

1. If you have ever disowned a family member... you might be a Christian.
2. If you get unfair tax exemptions... you might be a Christian.
3. If you don't thank a doctor for your surgery... you might be a Christian.
4. If you only listen to country music... you might be a Christian.
5. If you have ever shamed humanity... you might be a Christian.
6. If you have ever been accused of hypocrisy... you might be a Christian.
7. If you pretend to be a cannibal... you might be a Christian.
8. If you are narcissistic... you might be a Christian.
9. If you read cliffnotes rather than the actual books... you might be a Christian.
10. And last but not least: If you think that an unexplainable, vain spirit with dissociative identity disorder, schizophrenia, and obsessive compulsive disorder who uses staturory rape to end all sin will one day hug you... you might be a Christian.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
[+] 7 users Like AmishLatinJew's post
16-08-2012, 02:42 PM
(16-08-2012 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 05:14 AM)elemts Wrote:  Atheists might have an issue too: knowing too much.

It was a simple thing of depending on the topic (where there are multiple versions), an atheist may be worse off because they know the "truth" whereas the religious know what they were taught, which was most likely a combination of the stories. What are there.... three main versions of the ten commandments, one set almost completely different, and the other two vary slightly? Yet christians would most likely say there is one set, and it's the one on the tablets they see everywhere--ask "what order are they in" and an atheist would be like "which version? Ok, now which bible and chapter?" the theist would be all like "it's like this!" Then with judas' death, he died two different ways. Jesus' resurrection has three (or four? can't remember offhand) versions--with disputes on whether one's even accurate by theists I believe. Creation to many is the simpla man first woman from the rib--yet that's one of the versions...

It's just that I wonder if it's tailored to the "standard church editing versions of jesus and the bible" or "the actual version of the bible" or whether they just ignore all the contradictory parts so people can't say "uh, it's here...." and then they have to explain why the bible says two or more different things, and that everyone is right.
16-08-2012, 10:20 PM
(16-08-2012 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I both agree and disagree. I think that Christians know the bible more than atheists, generally, because they are more inclined to sit down and actually read it. However, I think atheists often know more than Christians because they don't have to shut out any information, nor will their confirmation bias cause them to immediately dismiss any passage from memory.

I recently discovered that I know more about the bible than my dad, a pastor, because I am so inclined to continue studying it but with a more open mind.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
16-08-2012, 10:27 PM
If you think a trivia show can convert people... you might be a Christian.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
16-08-2012, 10:44 PM
This needs to be followed by a game show with people who love the Lord of the Rings books and have it done in exactly the same style.

What I can't wait for is the arguments on the answers
"Wait a minute Jeff, the answer is clearly in Genesis. What version of the bible are you using to get that crazy answer, cause it ain't right. I got my King James 23rd version, edited in 1852 by the Rev Smith & Pastor Wesson. I don't know what where you got that answer, probably from some atheist librarian on your staff, but this here is the WORD of GOD and if you don't change that answer right this very minute, he will smite you down and send you to the gates of hell."

- Jeff - "Cut to commercial......SECURITY !!!!!"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results