Fr. Barron comments on Who God Is and Who God Is Not

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Fr. Barron comments on Who God Is and Who God Is Not
So he's taking the 'safe' deist position.

That's encouraging.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
I had stopped watching him half way through because I could see he was calling the universe god.
I watched rest of it and sure enough, he came out and said it, the universe is god.

Dude we already have a name for the universe.
You can personify it in your own mind if you want but that only makes it a delusion for you.

In the end he is still using mental paint to give the universe an extra coat of glossy god.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-11-2013, 07:24 AM
(31-10-2013 02:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:59 AM)Vulpix Wrote:  ...and educate him?

Is that a euphemism for "terminate with extreme prejudice?" Consider

*watches vid, recalls ninjas*

Pfft. He's harmless. Not to their side, but... and he's likeable, decent, and allows comments. No "education" required. Tongue

He has banned people those who disagree with him in the past--including me, when I comment on "Father Barron on The New Atheists," wherein he compared atheists to mass murderers. (In my comment, which was deleted and caused me to be banned, I merely pointed to a study showing that atheists actually tend to murder less than theists.) I'm surprised disagreeable comments remain on this current video. Maybe it's because I complained about his removing comments (which was what got me banned the second time).

In any case, I don't see how perpetuating false stereotypes about atheists is harmless--not to mention the fact he actively uses his position (paid for in part with tax dollars) to restrict reproductive rights and facilitate discrimination against nonbelievers and gays. I like this post by Neil Carter, entitled "Your Religion May Be Harmful If...."

http://godlessindixie.com/2013/09/25/you...armful-if/

Barron's religion falls into all nine categories.
[+] 1 user Likes Vulpix's post
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I dislike the guy. He misrepresents atheists, he misrepresents scientists, he perpetuates the idea that science is at war with religion, he makes outright fabrications to support his claims, he spouts faulty philosophy based on a slew of logical fallacies, gets insulted that someone would dare challenge him and decides banning dissenters is the best course of action instead of addressing their points. Screw this guy.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post
01-11-2013, 11:55 PM
In his video he makes the claim that god is an ocean of existence from which the universe comes into being.
He is turning god into hot water and the universe steam that rises and expands from that hot water.

In essence he's turning god into a natural inanimate part of nature with no mind, no consciousness and none of the godly attributes of his religion.

He cut god's balls off and gave him a lobotomy.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-11-2013, 04:31 AM
(01-11-2013 11:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  He cut god's balls off and gave him a lobotomy.

Read the OT again, his God had a lobotomy long before he came around... Wink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]