France church attack: Priest killed in hostage-taking near Rouen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 07:20 AM
France church attack: Priest killed in hostage-taking near Rouen
Another attack in France. I think 84 year old priest had his throat slit. Two attackers shot dead.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36892785

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: France church attack: Priest killed in hostage-taking near Rouen
France has a presidential election next year. It's time for the National Front to fix this mess.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-07-2016, 07:47 AM
(26-07-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  France has a presidential election next year. It's time for the National Front to fix this mess.

'Cos xenophobia is the solution to the world's problems Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-07-2016, 07:57 AM
(26-07-2016 07:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  France has a presidential election next year. It's time for the National Front to fix this mess.

'Cos xenophobia is the solution to the world's problems Dodgy

Nationalism is not xenophobia.

26-07-2016, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 08:16 AM by epronovost.)
(26-07-2016 07:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  'Cos xenophobia is the solution to the world's problems Dodgy

Actualy, yes, it kind of in many of its forms and especially in the case of Front National. They are blatantly and openly racist, sexist and homophobic.

As Oscar Wilde said: «Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.»

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
26-07-2016, 08:13 AM
(26-07-2016 07:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  'Cos xenophobia is the solution to the world's problems Dodgy

Maybe not but it is close enough. Living in country which is nationalist to the core I don't see anything of value in it - it's just excuse for chest beating primitives to shouting slogans about greatness of Poland and forgetting about not so glorious past.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-07-2016, 08:17 AM
(26-07-2016 08:05 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Actualy, yes, it kind of in many of its forms and especially in the case of Front National. They are blatantly and openly racist, sexist and homophobic.

Ah. Like our GOP.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-07-2016, 08:26 AM
(26-07-2016 08:05 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nationalism is not xenophobia.

Actualy, yes, it kind of in many of its forms and especially in the case of Front National. They are blatantly and openly racist, sexist and homophobic.

I think they've changed a lot from the 1970's. Didn't their founder recently denounce his own daughter now that she runs the party because she's moved them away from the racism and Holocaust denial? They're more like the GOP in America now. True nationalism is not xenophobic. I don't know enough about french politics but I do know that France was one of my favorite places to visit (my wife and I honeymooned there and used to go every year) but we stopped going 2 years ago. France is a major tourist destination (the largest in the world, actually), and their economy is tourist dependent. Paris has seen a reduction in tourists, down 20% due to the fear of terrorism. If they don't do something soon, the entire country will go bankrupt.

When a beautiful country like France is overrun with refugees, crime rates go up, the threat of terrorism is very real, visitors will go elsewhere.

26-07-2016, 08:52 AM
(26-07-2016 08:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:05 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Actualy, yes, it kind of in many of its forms and especially in the case of Front National. They are blatantly and openly racist, sexist and homophobic.

I think they've changed a lot from the 1970's. Didn't their founder recently denounce his own daughter now that she runs the party because she's moved them away from the racism and Holocaust denial? They're more like the GOP in America now. True nationalism is not xenophobic. I don't know enough about french politics but I do know that France was one of my favorite places to visit (my wife and I honeymooned there and used to go every year) but we stopped going 2 years ago. France is a major tourist destination (the largest in the world, actually), and their economy is tourist dependent. Paris has seen a reduction in tourists, down 20% due to the fear of terrorism. If they don't do something soon, the entire country will go bankrupt.

When a beautiful country like France is overrun with refugees, crime rates go up, the threat of terrorism is very real, visitors will go elsewhere.

You do have point, le Front National has moved away from its more Holocost denial days and no longuer ask for the deportation of all French Muslims, only those who are unemployed, with criminal records, who moved in illegaly. They also proposed discriminatory measure against people of arabic descent both in terms of immigration policies and employment policies and judicial rights. This alone, as well as their general rethoric makes them clearly and openly racist. I guess we can settle for the «not as bad» axiom. Le Front National were racists loons, now their just racists.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
26-07-2016, 09:17 AM
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

MESSAGE TO: Winston Smith, Records Department

Subject: Global edit required.

Directive: Replace "Nationalism" with "Exceptionalism"

MESSAGE ENDS.