France church attack: Priest killed in hostage-taking near Rouen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: France church attack: Priest killed in hostage-taking near Rouen
People want to feel safe. If the current establishment can't guarantee that, they'll be ousted, such is democracy. The political class, instead of speaking the truth and trying to find a sane solution, kept inflating the "multiculturalism" balloon until it popped. The french security minister said we'll have to learn to live with terrorism - people afraid for their loved ones' lives and their own are saying "screw that" - to them, a Kristallnacht is the option they'll more likely survive.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 12:14 PM
(26-07-2016 11:43 AM)Naridar Wrote:  People want to feel safe. If the current establishment can't guarantee that, they'll be ousted, such is democracy. The political class, instead of speaking the truth and trying to find a sane solution, kept inflating the "multiculturalism" balloon until it popped. The french security minister said we'll have to learn to live with terrorism - people afraid for their loved ones' lives and their own are saying "screw that" - to them, a Kristallnacht is the option they'll more likely survive.

And in the process they'll go bankrupt, because tourists will stop coming. Tourism is already down 20% in Paris, maybe more now. France needs tourists to survive. How will they support these refugees without the tax money tourism brings to the country?

France, and most of Europe are heading down the path of self destruction.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-07-2016, 12:27 PM
(26-07-2016 11:43 AM)Naridar Wrote:  People want to feel safe. If the current establishment can't guarantee that, they'll be ousted, such is democracy. The political class, instead of speaking the truth and trying to find a sane solution, kept inflating the "multiculturalism" balloon until it popped. The french security minister said we'll have to learn to live with terrorism - people afraid for their loved ones' lives and their own are saying "screw that" - to them, a Kristallnacht is the option they'll more likely survive.

A craven hope - the so called nationalists can promise peace all they want. They will not achieve it, what they will achieve is more war.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2016, 12:52 PM
(26-07-2016 12:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

And in the process they'll go bankrupt, because tourists will stop coming. Tourism is already down 20% in Paris, maybe more now. France needs tourists to survive. How will they support these refugees without the tax money tourism brings to the country?

They could rely on the fact that its one of the most innovative country in the world when you look at the quantity they invest in R&D. It also house an aeronautical giant (airbus), a important auto manufacturer (Peugeot) and are big in both aerospace, weapon manufacturing, Nuclear Power (70% of the entire french output) and telecommunication (Pathée). In fact, France as a rather robust economy which isn't surprising comming from the sixth largest economy in the world. While they do have a problem of stagnation since the last three years due to economical incertitude in the EU, I would not be to scared for their near future (unless they elect Front National whose economical policies are potentially desastrous and from another century).

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
26-07-2016, 12:55 PM
(26-07-2016 12:52 PM)epronovost Wrote:  While they do have a problem of stagnation since the last three years due to economical incertitude in the EU, I would not be to scared for their near future

But you should be scared, otherwise scare politics doesn't work Dodgy

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-07-2016, 12:59 PM
(26-07-2016 12:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:52 PM)epronovost Wrote:  While they do have a problem of stagnation since the last three years due to economical incertitude in the EU, I would not be to scared for their near future

But you should be scared, otherwise scare politics doesn't work Dodgy

Pff... The only thing that can scare a Canadian is the cancellation of a hockey game, alcohol prohibition and the question: «Do you think this dress makes me look fat?».

[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
26-07-2016, 01:03 PM
(26-07-2016 12:59 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  But you should be scared, otherwise scare politics doesn't work Dodgy

Pff... The only thing that can scare a Canadian is the cancellation of a hockey game, alcohol prohibition and the question: «Do you think this dress makes me look fat?».

Ah, then you should definitely be scared of Muslims. a. they are desert people and don't play hockey b. they don't drink, and don't want *you* to either c. their traditional dress will be required by law when they take over Canada, and it *definitely* makes you look fat.

[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
26-07-2016, 01:21 PM
(26-07-2016 12:52 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And in the process they'll go bankrupt, because tourists will stop coming. Tourism is already down 20% in Paris, maybe more now. France needs tourists to survive. How will they support these refugees without the tax money tourism brings to the country?

They could rely on the fact that its one of the most innovative country in the world when you look at the quantity they invest in R&D. It also house an aeronautical giant (airbus), a important auto manufacturer (Peugeot) and are big in both aerospace, weapon manufacturing, Nuclear Power (70% of the entire french output) and telecommunication (Pathée). In fact, France as a rather robust economy which isn't surprising comming from the sixth largest economy in the world. While they do have a problem of stagnation since the last three years due to economical incertitude in the EU, I would not be to scared for their near future (unless they elect Front National whose economical policies are potentially desastrous and from another century).

Tourism still represents 10% of France's GDP. 11% of employment is tourism related.

In country tourism and travel has also taken a hit, as French citizens are reluctant to make their way to tourist destinations due to threat of terrorism. Air travel, shows, concerts have all seen a slowdown, causing a dip in the French economy beginning late last year.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-07-2016, 01:28 PM
(26-07-2016 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 12:59 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Pff... The only thing that can scare a Canadian is the cancellation of a hockey game, alcohol prohibition and the question: «Do you think this dress makes me look fat?».

Ah, then you should definitely be scared of Muslims. a. they are desert people and don't play hockey b. they don't drink, and don't want *you* to either c. their traditional dress will be required by law when they take over Canada, and it *definitely* makes you look fat.

Sadcryface2 NOOOOOO!!!!!

[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
26-07-2016, 01:51 PM
I've been to France on many occasions, most recently I spent the Easter break in Nice. I was intending to go to Nice again next year. It is a wonderful place to visit. The recent terrorist attack in Nice has made me more determined to travel to France next year. It would be my way of sticking two fingers up to the ISIS fucks.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post