France mosque raids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 04:50 AM
RE: France mosque raids
(09-12-2015 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's a sucker bet Chas. Radical Muslims are too smart to keep their weapon caches in Mosques. They need them clean to use them as a human shield for propaganda purposes. On the other hand, there are a bunch of Christian Churches advocating that their congregation should show up armed. Onward Christian Soldiers and shit.

Except the French mosques. So there's that.

The article mentioned in the OP did not indicate that weapons were found in any mosque but rather in raids on undisclosed locations linked to the mosque. So there's that.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Meanwhile back at he ranch.

I await an answer to my question from LDH.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-12-2015, 06:48 AM
France mosque raids
(09-12-2015 08:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 07:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Weird. Never figured you for ignorant statements.

Your statement is based on what evidence? The only ignorance on my part is what your evidence is.

Waco first springs to mind. David Koresh's church is not the only one to horde guns, unless you think that was one isolated group who distrusted the secular government and armed themselves to fight the Feds.

Then I have anecdotal evidence of seeing guns in churches. One such church scared me because they actually painted a mural of the Waco Conflagration (as they called it) and listed the names of the "martyrs." Hell, Jerry Falwell, Jr just admitted he was carrying a gun behind his back in Chapel at Liberty University and exhorted his students to carry guns everywhere.

Guns, guns, guns!!! Everybody gets a gun!!!

http://time.com/3929185/charleston-shoot...urch-guns/

[Image: 670b8d3ad8dea7aaca0a10f135099ad7.jpg]

http://time.com/3929185/charleston-shoot...urch-guns/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...y/5967533/

[Image: 147d65491022f483581007059b198306.jpg][Image: 8ec7338ca63cd1108105483fc5b68575.jpg]

An on and ad nauseum. Its Murika. Guns go hand and hand with Christian Fundamentalism and radical white supremacy groups.

But the most convincing evidence of all is:
[Image: ec4ea3171ae140f9789067765461bb16.jpg][Image: 9d68f48fac08fecd4efab09eff42a9cd.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-12-2015, 07:36 AM
(09-12-2015 06:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There have been 28 domestic terrorism incidents since the September 11th terrorist attacks in 2001. (according to terrorism expert Peter Bergen). Of those 28, eight of them were muslim extremists. Its true that non-muslim terrorists have conducted the majority of terrorist attacks on American soil. However, if you look at it by population, muslims are only 1% of the American population, yet they commit 28% of terrorist attacks.

Site those statistics.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
10-12-2015, 11:08 AM
(10-12-2015 04:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except the French mosques. So there's that.

The article mentioned in the OP did not indicate that weapons were found in any mosque but rather in raids on undisclosed locations linked to the mosque. So there's that.

Ok, I must have missed that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2015, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 12:24 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(10-12-2015 07:36 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 06:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There have been 28 domestic terrorism incidents since the September 11th terrorist attacks in 2001. (according to terrorism expert Peter Bergen). Of those 28, eight of them were muslim extremists. Its true that non-muslim terrorists have conducted the majority of terrorist attacks on American soil. However, if you look at it by population, muslims are only 1% of the American population, yet they commit 28% of terrorist attacks.

Site those statistics.
I couldn't find links to his study, as the website appears to be down since the California terror attacks. Here is an article by Mr. Bergen where he talks about the number of deaths by muslim terrorists vs. other domestic terrorists. http://us.cnn.com/2014/04/14/opinion/ber...l?c&page=2

At the time of its writing, right wing extremists had killed 34 people in the United States for political reasons since 9/11, and Muslim extremists had killed 21. He links to the study in the article, but for some magical reason the study has been removed now that the death count has risen after the California terror attacks. Keep in mind that this guys whole premise was to prove that right wing christians had killed more than muslims. In that study that is now missing it showed the number of actual attacks by each group which was 27 to 6. Adding the planned parenthood shooter to the right wing terrorist side (even though I think he's actually insane) and the Tennessee recruiting shooting and California attack makes it 28 to 8. That's 28% of terror attacks on American soil by muslims, even though they represent only 1% of the American population. And the death toll is about equal now. Let that sink in. Muslims represent 1% of the populace, yet their terrorists on American soil have killed just about as many people as right wing types which represent about half the population since 9/11 as well as 28% of attacks overall.

This means your average Muslim has a much higher chance at being a terrorist and its not even close. Muslim terrorists are overrepresented amongst the population. Or maybe look at it another way. Do Europeans feel less safe now compared to the time before mass Muslim immigration? Are terror attacks increasing in Europe in that time? Is there a link? Damn right. Muslims conduct more terrorism across Europe than every other group combined. No doubt considering they represent 4-5% of the european union population. http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicde...ly-chart-8

If the Muslim population in America were at 5% we could expect to see the same increase and incident rate as Europe.

No thanks.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(09-12-2015 06:02 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 06:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Care to place a guess on how many terrorist plots have been uncovered by the extensive surveillance of US Mosques since 2001? Come on, guess. I dare you.

I fear more from our white tea party hate groups than a Muslim terrorist attack.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a smart person say.

What is it that the tea party has done that can come close to the threat posed by radical Islam?

Your hyperbole is dangerous in that it belittles the threat posed by religious fanatics.