Frank Herbert's Dune Part 1 (Scifi Channel)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Frank Herbert's Dune Part 1 (Scifi Channel)
Dune Part 1 (Full)

Dune Part 2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Theist's post
18-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Music RE: Frank Herbert's Dune Part 1 (Scifi Channel)
I recommend the audiobooks. Lately, I've found audiobooks with decent production values to be more entertaining (and truthful to the source material) than any on screen remake. I'm just starting on the fourth book of the series. Note: look for the ones narrated by Scott Brick.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
18-10-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: Frank Herbert's Dune Part 1 (Scifi Channel)
I just watched this a month ago. It's really well done especially for finding out it was made for TV. Only a few of the lower budget CG details later on show it off as being thus.

I bought this at a used DVD store cheap thinking it was the actual movie Dune, but I have to say I was not displeased. I have a collection book of the Dune series I've yet to read. That'll happen eventually.Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-10-2012, 02:08 PM
(18-10-2012 01:57 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I recommend the audiobooks. Lately, I've found audiobooks with decent production values to be more entertaining (and truthful to the source material) than any on screen remake. I'm just starting on the fourth book of the series. Note: look for the ones narrated by Scott Brick.

I've noticed Scott Brick on some other audiobooks that I've particularly enjoyed. The reader can make all the difference. I've listened to some that I had to stop because the reader's voice annoyed me.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-10-2012, 02:15 PM
The books themselves are good. The original movie was awesome, but not as true to the book. The new movie was "good" but more true to the book.
18-10-2012, 09:10 PM
(18-10-2012 02:15 PM)Logisch Wrote:  The books themselves are good. The original movie was awesome, but not as true to the book. The new movie was "good" but more true to the book.

I awaited the original movie with great anticipation and was thoroughly disappointed. I couldn't even finish watching it. About a half an hour into it I was done. The exact opposite was true of the TV miniseries. Of course, even that compared unfavorably with the books themselves. I have been reading them over and over again since high school. They stimulate my mind unlike any other books. Their, I don't know, comprehension of the human experience; religious, sexual, chemical, political, scientific, physical, emotional, ecological etc. They really are like a very pleasant but rigorous workout for the mind, in my opinion. Unfortunately I have only ever read The White Plague among Herbert's other works. I have a couple of Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson's Dune saga. Machine Crusade and Butlerian Jihad. They are - okay, but not as good as Dune.
18-10-2012, 09:14 PM
(18-10-2012 02:03 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just watched this a month ago. It's really well done especially for finding out it was made for TV. Only a few of the lower budget CG details later on show it off as being thus.

I bought this at a used DVD store cheap thinking it was the actual movie Dune, but I have to say I was not displeased. I have a collection book of the Dune series I've yet to read. That'll happen eventually.Drinking Beverage

The Children Of Dune by the Scifi channel is also available in its entirety (two parts as well) on Youtube. They probably are linked within the Dune videos I gave earlier. They are really good too.