Frank Turek

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Frank Turek
Frank Turek is coming to my university on Tuesday. I plan to rip him a new one, metaphorically. However, through all my research on him I still cannot find the subjects of his Masters or Bachelors degrees. He has a PhD in Apologitics (a PhD in bologna), but how much science background does he really have? Anyone got some info for me?

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 10:51 AM by houseofcantor.)
RE: Frank Turek
Isn't he a dinosaur hunter or something? Consider

His bio says Masters of Public Administration, whatever the fuck that means. Head basket weaver, probably... Dodgy

These mofos come outta the woodwork like they know something... I'm gonna get me a Master's in basket weaving, preach to the masses about cosmology and particle physics, only with a bigger paycheck... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Frank Turek
(30-09-2012 10:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Isn't he a dinosaur hunter or something? Consider

His bio says Masters of Public Administration, whatever the fuck that means. Head basket weaver, probably... Dodgy

These mofos come outta the woodwork like they know something... I'm gonna get me a Master's in basket weaving, preach to the masses about cosmology and particle physics, only with a bigger paycheck... Big Grin

Turok, silly.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-09-2012, 12:45 PM
(30-09-2012 10:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  His bio says Masters of Public Administration, whatever the fuck that means.

Looks like fucker had his eyes set on Girly's cushy Government Bureaucrat job. Probably couldn't meet the ethics requirements is my guess.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Personally, I don't like the idea of attacking someone making an argument on their credentials... it reeks of ad hominem. You should (publicly) ask for citations for data he presents and question the credentials of those sources, but I doubt his arguments are from his own work.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
30-09-2012, 04:00 PM
(30-09-2012 03:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Personally, I don't like the idea of attacking someone making an argument on their credentials...

Says the guy with no credentials. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-09-2012, 04:03 PM
(30-09-2012 03:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Personally, I don't like the idea of attacking someone making an argument on their credentials... it reeks of ad hominem. You should (publicly) ask for citations for data he presents and question the credentials of those sources, but I doubt his arguments are from his own work.

It is warranted when one has no degree in what they are lecturing about.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-09-2012, 04:56 PM
(30-09-2012 04:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 03:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Personally, I don't like the idea of attacking someone making an argument on their credentials... it reeks of ad hominem. You should (publicly) ask for citations for data he presents and question the credentials of those sources, but I doubt his arguments are from his own work.

It is warranted when one has no degree in what they are lecturing about.

Exactly, you're not gonna want someone with a master's in art history to be doing open heart surgery on you...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-09-2012, 05:50 PM
(30-09-2012 04:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 04:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It is warranted when one has no degree in what they are lecturing about.

Exactly, you're not gonna want someone with a master's in art history to be doing open heart surgery on you...

No, you don't, but there's no reason that someone with a master's in art history can't tell you how surgery is done, citing what actual surgeons have said about the process. And that's all that we suspect Turek is going to do -- pass on a collection of "data" to make his points about creationism, citing (probably) less-than-respectable sources. But that doesn't mean you have the right to disregard Turek for his lack of credentials in his role as the middle-man. You guys do know what ad hominem is, right?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.