Frank Turek vs Agnostic Student

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Video Frank Turek vs Agnostic Student
Oh boy this was hard to watch. Some of you may have already seen this video before but this was my first time. Its funny watching him cherry pick crap from the bible. She asked a simple yes and no question and he coulden't even do that. It really is funny watching religious people defend their childish beliefs.

So you can be an atheist and be a good person, treat people well and yet you'll go to hell but if you're a silly Christian and you stone, own and behead other people, you'll go to heaven (even though you will be in prison). What a fucking crock of shit. haha.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like nerwin's post
24-08-2016, 12:28 PM
RE: Frank Turek vs Agnostic Student
I've seen this video before and I admire this young woman's bravery as you can see she is quite nervous and shaky but she stands her ground and makes great points. Frank honestly knows he can't logically answer her questions in a reasonable way, the part when he talks about the resurrection being some great miracle is laughable, he wouldn't believe if it happened to anyone else as many myths claimed 2,000 years ago but it happened to Jesus, oh yeah, it's totally true. Rolleyes

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
24-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Yeah. Most of the Apologists have their own style. He likes asking silly questions that sound profound.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...834?page=2

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
24-08-2016, 05:20 PM
He says most of the documents about the resurrection of jesus were written prior to 70 AD.
Perhaps 69.99 AD ?
He uses the "prior to 70 AD". Why is that ? Why not use prior to 80 AD ? or Prior to 90 AD ?
It's because he can't use prior 60 AD or even prior to 69 AD.
He knows that most of those "documents" - aka - a collection of biblical stories written about the resurrection were written a full 70 years after the supposed resurrection. Surely someone, anyone of the time would have written about such an amazing event, but NOPE, not a single writer of the time, in the area, wrote about any kind of resurrection.

Were any of these documents written by 90 yr old people who witnessed the crucifixion ?
I am not certain I would trust anything remembered by a 90 yr old.
In fact someone living to be 90 yr old from 2000 yrs ago might be a miracle in and of itself.

My grandmother turned 89 this year and she remembers a lot and also forgets things on a daily basis.
She takes 12 pills a day to help her stay as healthy as she can for a woman her age.
Without those meds, I doubt her health would be as good as it is.

We know they didn't read about it, so that leaves us with someone writing down a story that was either told to them and passed down through a couple generations or they made the story up.

Now we also have to ask, why were they writing this story down now (70 yrs later),
that wasn't written down when it supposedly happened ?

She did a great job of holding her own. I really need to go to a few events like this and pose some questions for these question dodging asshats.

I'm sorry, forgive my language. I meant assholes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
24-08-2016, 05:55 PM
I know this is a small thing, but he refers to "documents" about the resurrection.

doc·u·ment

1. a piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.

Stories written down 70 years after the supposed event do not serve as the official record on the subject.

2. to record (something) in written, photographic, or other form.
"the photographer spent years documenting the lives of miners"
"many aspects of school life have been documented"

When you document something, it usually means that YOU are documenting it and it exists in your presence.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-08-2016, 08:16 PM
What an idiot Frank is. He says the greatest miracle is the creation in Genesis. Actually is not at all. If his god is real, then it certainly should be able to do that, and it's just what's expected. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-08-2016, 08:37 PM
What a fucking weasel! He refused to answer the question.

It would seem his own religious beliefs make him queasy.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-08-2016, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2016 10:41 AM by Commonsensei.)
It's a common debate tactic.

"Ok i'll answer that question, but first answer me this question." (Change the burden of truth to the opponent, will avoiding the question put on you.)

"Ok i'll come back to answering that question later." (I can't answer that and instead of admitting that. I'll proceed as if the question wasn't asked.)

"That would take to long to explain." (avoiding the question, but trying to make myself sound well established in that area.)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
25-08-2016, 03:31 PM
All he has to do is say, "Yes, you're going to hell. You're going to be tortured with burning hell fire for all of eternity. It's unfortunate, but I didn't make this shit up. Other people did. You can choose to believe it, but if you don't, then you're going to hell. And once you enter hell, there is no coming out, unless you're Satan or a demon or perhaps a lesser devil, maybe a spirit who has some connection to the living that allows you to possess another person or I did hear about a rare religious sect that has agents in hell who can sneak you out. Really, your imagination is the limit on what you could experience after you die."

26-08-2016, 12:03 AM
(24-08-2016 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What an idiot Frank is. He says the greatest miracle is the creation in Genesis. Actually is not at all. If his god is real, then it certainly should be able to do that, and it's just what's expected. Facepalm
Like, maybe only the first part. Before Peter Gabriel left.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson