Frankie or Bernie? Who gains most?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2016, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 08:15 PM by DLJ.)
Frankie or Bernie? Who gains most?
Same ear-shape, same hair-style. Separated at birth? Should we be told?

[Image: pope-francis.jpg]
[Image: 160201_POL_Sanders.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg]

So, tomorrow Bernie is off to speak at a conference organised by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences (PASS) Laughat there's a joke in there somewhere

Obviously, it's good PR for Bernie, to show solidarity with the RCC before the NY vote as, I believe, one or two Catholics might be residing in that state.

Then again, we haven't heard his speech yet ... what if he lets them know that child-rape and homophobia aren't fashionable any more? Ohmy

But what about Frankie? What's his best move? He has similar anti-establishment dance-steps... a meeting with Bernie will be seen as an endorsement... a no-show will be seen as a slight.

Pope's move.

Bishop takes Knight?

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
12-04-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Frankie or Bernie? Who gains most?
(12-04-2016 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Bishop takes Knight?

Consider

And yet the Pawn get's the shaft.

(Forgive the pun.)

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-04-2016, 08:28 PM
(12-04-2016 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Same ear-shape, same hair-style. Separated at birth? Should we be told?

[Image: pope-francis.jpg]
[Image: 160201_POL_Sanders.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg]

So, tomorrow Bernie is off to speak at a conference organised by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences (PASS) Laughat there's a joke in there somewhere

Obviously, it's good PR for Bernie, to show solidarity with the RCC before the NY vote as, I believe, one or two Catholics might be residing in that state.

Then again, we haven't heard his speech yet ... what if he lets them know that child-rape and homophobia aren't fashionable any more? Ohmy

But what about Frankie? What's his best move? He has similar anti-establishment dance-steps... a meeting with Bernie will be seen as an endorsement... a no-show will be seen as a slight.

Pope's move.

Bishop takes Knight?

Consider

Not even close to twin sons by different mothers. Bernie should have a dagger under his coat, to knife that SOB. Well, probably not. He wouldn't get to be the next president. It's probably going to be a schmooze-fest. Facepalm

Question of the (many) millennia- why is it that religion even gets a seat at the table in any kind of political negotiation? Those people have an agenda that has nothing but shit faith to offer. Shit faith that encourages worshiping imaginary beings and killing those who do not share the same shit faith.FFS. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-04-2016, 10:57 PM
The way I see it, one talks the talk, the other talks the walk.

You gotta put your faith somewhere... Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
12-04-2016, 11:16 PM
(12-04-2016 08:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
(Forgive the pun.)

I forgive the pun but not the apostrophe

(12-04-2016 08:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ...
Question of the (many) millennia- why is it that religion even gets a seat at the table in any kind of political negotiation? Those people have an agenda that has nothing but shit faith to offer. Shit faith that encourages worshiping imaginary beings and killing those who do not share the same shit faith.FFS. Angry

Because we let them.

I'm pretty certain of this though ... walls, guns and immigration control is not the way to protect oneself in the long term. Political revolution to establish stable, wealthy, democratic/meritocratic republics is.

(12-04-2016 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The way I see it, one talks the talk, the other talks the walk.

You gotta put your faith somewhere... Tongue

Faith or hope?

Either way, beware of the one who asks you to kiss his ring!

Ohmy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
13-04-2016, 12:31 AM
(12-04-2016 11:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 08:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
(Forgive the pun.)

I forgive the pun but not the apostrophe

I have no idea how it got there. Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-04-2016, 04:20 AM
more fuel for cruz/trump to push the protestant agenda and blame a the pope for having "political" say & power... as if that isn't a historically and almost never not an element of what the pope is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-04-2016, 06:08 AM
(12-04-2016 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...I believe, one or two Catholics might be residing in that state.

I believe the actual number is closer to two than to one.

(12-04-2016 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  But what about Frankie? What's his best move? He has similar anti-establishment dance-steps... a meeting with Bernie will be seen as an endorsement... a no-show will be seen as a slight.

His best move? Give up being religious and use his enormous influence to tell the masses about his new revelation.

Assuming he doesn't want to give up his seat of power and/or isn't psychologically capable of jettisoning his religious beliefs, he should endorse Sanders. Apart from all the religious stuff, Sanders has basically been running around saying the same things, along with a call for people to come together.

I suppose he could grouse about differences in opinion on abortion and gay marriage, but whatever. The Pope has been making quarter-assed attempts at softening the church's stance on homosexuality.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-04-2016, 02:02 PM
This could just be a way for Bernie to reach out to the Mexican voters that are backing Hillary since 80% are Catholic.
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post