Freakazoid!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2013 08:24 AM by ghostexorcist.)
Freakazoid!
Who here is a fan of the 90's cartoon Freakazoid!? Words can't describe how funny this show is. It was one of those shows for both kids and adults because there were so many pop culture references. It was a sister show to Animaniacs, both of which were produced by Stephen Spielberg and, if I'm not mistaken, written by professional comedians. The person who did the voice for the title character was actually a writer on the show. It's a shame that I've never heard his voice on any other show. He is one funny guy.

For those who have never seen the show, Freakazoid! was once a normal teenaged computer nerd named Dexter Douglas. He is given a computer chip for Christmas that has some flaw that, when the correct command code is typed followed by delete, it overloads, creating a portal that sucks Dexter into the internet. There he is bombarded with so much information that it causes him to go bat shit insane, as well as giving him super strength and speed. He unfortunately does not gain the ability to fly, so he compensates for this by just running with his arms outstretched while making "whooshing" noises with his mouth. He uses these new powers to protect his city and to pick up girls.

Freakazoid's mentor, Roddy McStew, a kilt-wearing Scottish computer programer, is voiced by the comedian and talk show host Greg Ferguson. His friend, Sgt. Mike Cosgrove, a local police officer, is voiced by the actor and former president of the Screen Actors Guild Ed Asner. His arch nemesis, Armando Guitierrez, the head of the company that made the flawed computer chip, is voiced by the famous character actor Ricardo Montalban. What's funny is that, when monologuing about his evil plans, the character starts quoting lines said by Khan (played by Montalban) in the movie Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Here is an example:

All of the episodes are on YouTube. Here is a link for the entire playlist. Here is the first episode:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-07-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Freakazoid!
*gets all nostalgic* Brilliant show.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
17-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Chimpanzee!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
17-07-2013, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 01:18 PM by ghostexorcist.)
One of my favorite lines happens when his mother gives him the computer chip. The conversation goes down like this:

Dextor: "Wow! a pentium chip! ... Mom, can I go put this in?"

Mom: "Yes, but only in the computer."
----------
Edit: This post garnered my 1,000th like. Hooray for me (and thanks to FSM_Scot)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post