Free Hugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Free Hugs
You can see many videos of these, where people from all walks of life just go out and give free hugs to people. The video I post though is one of my favourites as they enebitably have to deal with uk security Undecided

The simple action of hugging dissolves all age gaps, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political and monetary differences.

Hugging isnt going to save the world, but I suppose it gives you some minscule of hope in other humans.

The original free hugs that sparked it all off five years ago.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2011, 12:56 PM
RE: Free Hugs
I had one of these people try to hug me once. They took me by surprise I I kind of, accidentaly, not really on purpose...flipped them over me. My bad.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
28-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'm not big on physical contact with people I don't know. Once I know you it's cool, but if I don't and I get approached in some way I can tell there is going to be touching, depending on how aggressive the attempt the attemptee may be looking at a broken nose. It's gutsy I'll give them that. But wow, I'm not for it.

Love is good and all that, but hugs are just too much from strangers. Of course if I were single once again and some nice girl wanted to give me a hug, I'd probably be ok with it. Smile But I'm happily married alas Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2011, 11:39 PM
*gives hug*

*faith in humanity restored*

*checks wallet either way* Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
29-09-2011, 12:24 AM
(28-09-2011 08:32 AM)bemore Wrote:  You can see many videos of these, where people from all walks of life just go out and give free hugs to people. The video I post though is one of my favourites as they enebitably have to deal with uk security Undecided

The simple action of hugging dissolves all age gaps, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political and monetary differences.

Hugging isnt going to save the world, but I suppose it gives you some minscule of hope in other humans.

The original free hugs that sparked it all off five years ago.

So FREE hugs have been around for five years.
Its amazing they havent been superseded by some shonky CHEAP hugs corporation!
29-09-2011, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 03:37 AM by JesusLovesYou69.)
When I was in New York one of my friends told one of the people holding up a free hugs sign to give me a hug cause it was my birthday (it actually was) but I backed off because I don't want to hung some random person I don't know.

What was stranger was that New York has a lot more than a million people living in it, many of which never use lip palm. Even during the winter which is strange.

BTW I think that whole free hug thing is lame, played out, old, and if you think a lack of hugs was your problem, then you need some real help.
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
(29-09-2011 03:31 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  When I was in New York one of my friends told one of the people holding up a free hugs sign to give me a hug cause it was my birthday (it actually was) but I backed off because I don't want to hung some random person I don't know.

What was stranger was that New York has a lot more than a million people living in it, many of which never use lip palm. Even during the winter which is strange.

BTW I think that whole free hug thing is lame, played out, old, and if you think a lack of hugs was your problem, then you need some real help.

The hug itself is not important.

Its the intent behind it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-10-2011, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 09:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-09-2011 03:31 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  BTW I think that whole free hug thing is lame, played out, old, and if you think a lack of hugs was your problem, then you need some real help.

(11-10-2011 09:22 AM)bemore Wrote:  The hug itself is not important.

Its the intent behind it.

Yeah, that. Doesn't matter that I don't need or want a hug now. Does matter that someone is willing to give me one if/when I do.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post