Free Inquiry & Skeptical Inquirer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Free Inquiry & Skeptical Inquirer
Hello guys!

I just found these 2 magazines that seems pretty good (Free Inquiry & Skeptical Inquirer).
Do you guys have any testimonials about these two?
I think I want to subscribe one of them first. So I need your comments.
Also I live outside US, where I could subscribe it digitally? Because it seems I couldn't subscribe it without US shipping/billing address in many websites when I want to pay with credit card.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Menji's post
16-05-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Free Inquiry & Skeptical Inquirer
I will say that when I used to read Skeptical Inquirer I always found them excellent. Not sure how they are now, since I last read one 10 plus years ago, but I expect they're as good as ever.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Have subscribed off and on for years and enjoyed them both. One is a bit more "anti-deity belief/religion" that the other, as I remember....but not sure which it is, the other is a bit more "scientific-minded"...

Stopped getting them a few years back when I just couldn't get around to reading them and they kept sending me the new issues! Same with the Wall Street Journal, which we got for a few years, which often filled up the recycle bin only being partially read. We just couldn't keep up!

It is always tempting to re-subscribe, but I gotta be realistic.

So many books/magazines/online forums and so little time...

For a newly doubting believer, both are great! And for general reinforcement of reason, both are great!

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
16-05-2017, 06:35 AM
I've been subscribing to both for over twenty years. They're excellent magazines and reasonably priced. Most of the major articles are footnoted in regard to their sources, which is very useful for further reading. Thumbsup
16-05-2017, 05:04 PM
(15-05-2017 11:07 PM)Menji Wrote:  Hello guys!

I just found these 2 magazines that seems pretty good (Free Inquiry & Skeptical Inquirer).
Do you guys have any testimonials about these two?
I think I want to subscribe one of them first. So I need your comments.
Also I live outside US, where I could subscribe it digitally? Because it seems I couldn't subscribe it without US shipping/billing address in many websites when I want to pay with credit card.

Thank you!

I've been subscribed to, and regularly reading Skeptical Inquirer for many years. Highly recommended. Just wish it came out every month, rather than bimonthly.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
22-05-2017, 12:41 AM
Hey guys! thank you for the reply and testimonials. appreciate it a lot. But it seems hard to get a subscription digitally because I am outside US. Everytime I wanna subscribe, I must put US address details Sad So I don't have a way to subscribe to the mags.
22-05-2017, 04:43 AM
(22-05-2017 12:41 AM)Menji Wrote:  Hey guys! thank you for the reply and testimonials. appreciate it a lot. But it seems hard to get a subscription digitally because I am outside US. Everytime I wanna subscribe, I must put US address details Sad So I don't have a way to subscribe to the mags.

> Did you try this page?

https://www.secularhumanism.org/index.ph...outside-us
23-05-2017, 04:02 PM
(22-05-2017 12:41 AM)Menji Wrote:  Hey guys! thank you for the reply and testimonials. appreciate it a lot. But it seems hard to get a subscription digitally because I am outside US. Everytime I wanna subscribe, I must put US address details Sad So I don't have a way to subscribe to the mags.

Skeptical Inquirer has a drop-down list on their subscription page with every country recognized by the UN listed.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post