Free press is under assault b/c of Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 04:07 AM
Free press is under assault b/c of Trump
Trump's collective tone over his campaign and repeated scapegoating of political rivals, service people, judges, races, religions, and the intel community, but the main watchdog on a free society our free press, is under assault in a very real literal sense.

Trump is beyond party and economics, we really have seen this script in the past and it does not end well.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/count...36479.html

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Free press is under assault b/c of Trump
Trumpians have always had an issue with truth coming to light and the free expression of ideas. They're all for free speech, as long as such speech is in line with their ideologies. So this shouldn't be anything surprising. Troubling, yes. Surprising, no.

And despite the squelching of press freedom, confirmed ties with the Russians, and the countless lies, some people still believe that Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
30-05-2017, 06:45 AM
A world without art is a dark place. A world without the oversight of press is evil.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-05-2017, 06:54 AM
(30-05-2017 04:17 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  And despite the squelching of press freedom, confirmed ties with the Russians, and the countless lies, some people still believe that Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Facepalm

Well it's easy. Trump says nice things, and the press says bad things about him. He says they're lying, they say he's lying, but they make up fake news. So they're lying. QED.

What gets me is how people don't realise this line of thinking is dangerous, and *how* dangerous it is. Their grandfathers fought against the Nazis, and the grandkids are turning *into* Nazis. It's chilling to watch.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Yeahbut like, it's only THE LEFT that throws tantrums and violently breaks things Drinking Beverage

.....False flag...... George Soros Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
30-05-2017, 07:47 AM
(30-05-2017 06:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 04:17 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  And despite the squelching of press freedom, confirmed ties with the Russians, and the countless lies, some people still believe that Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Facepalm

Well it's easy. Trump says nice things, and the press says bad things about him. He says they're lying, they say he's lying, but they make up fake news. So they're lying. QED.

What gets me is how people don't realise this line of thinking is dangerous, and *how* dangerous it is. Their grandfathers fought against the Nazis, and the grandkids are turning *into* Nazis. It's chilling to watch.

This is what people don't get. I do get down on those who say, "That can't happen here" when in fact it is happening. Trump constantly is making dangerous statements about how the press should be forced to reveal their sources always. On top of spending the past year vilifying them. And just last week a politician assaulted a reporter, and Trump basically rewarded that bad behavior.

This is no joke, Trump's behavior is dangerous and exactly what the allies fought against in WW2.

[+] 5 users Like Brian37's post
30-05-2017, 08:03 AM
I agree with you, Brian.

I find this really distressing, especially as it relates to the next generation of voters. He is sewing the seed of a growing discord - kids don't know how to discern 'fake news' from real news Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
30-05-2017, 08:22 AM
(30-05-2017 07:00 AM)cactus Wrote:  Yeahbut like, it's only THE LEFT that throws tantrums and violently breaks things Drinking Beverage

.....False flag...... George Soros Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

Nobody sane is condoning violence or destruction of property. We condemn that when anyone does it, even those who claim to be on the side of the left.

We are STRICTLY talking about the toxic scapegoating rhetoric coming from a person in a seat of power.

The local law enforcement arrests as they should, ANYONE in ANY STATE who commits such a crime.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-05-2017, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 08:37 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(30-05-2017 07:47 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well it's easy. Trump says nice things, and the press says bad things about him. He says they're lying, they say he's lying, but they make up fake news. So they're lying. QED.

This is what people don't get. I do get down on those who say, "That can't happen here" when in fact it is happening. Trump constantly is making dangerous statements about how the press should be forced to reveal their sources always. On top of spending the past year vilifying them. And just last week a politician assaulted a reporter, and Trump basically rewarded that bad behavior.

This is no joke, Trump's behavior is dangerous and exactly what the allies fought against in WW2.

I can even already think of an example where it did happen here: when the Japanese were interred during WW2. Or how about that whole civil rights movement thing, or fucking slavery? Or the fact that women used to not be able to vote? Why do people have such a rose-tinted view of our country, I don't get it.

[+] 6 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
31-05-2017, 09:57 AM
(30-05-2017 08:33 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 07:47 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  This is what people don't get. I do get down on those who say, "That can't happen here" when in fact it is happening. Trump constantly is making dangerous statements about how the press should be forced to reveal their sources always. On top of spending the past year vilifying them. And just last week a politician assaulted a reporter, and Trump basically rewarded that bad behavior.

I can even already think of an example where it did happen here: when the Japanese were interred during WW2. Or how about that whole civil rights movement thing, or fucking slavery? Or the fact that women used to not be able to vote? Why do people have such a rose-tinted view of our country, I don't get it.

But the difference is that we're devolving to evil. Your examples show us evolving from it.

No
[+] 1 user Likes neurotibotical's post