Free range kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Free range kids

I always loved this video

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
05-02-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Free range kids
(04-02-2015 06:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We ice skated on the creek that bordered my parents' property around the side of town and on into the center of town. Yeah, probably dangerous, we all survived - even those of us that broke through the ice.

I was wild and free on my grandparents' farm and did stuff that was definitely dangerous. Between climbing way up in barns and corn cribs to being around large animals and machinery.

My parents couldn't be bothered with transporting me around town so I walked or rode my bike everywhere...day, night...if I wanted to go anywhere that was my only option till my friends got cars.

Clamming in the bay behind my other grandparents' house and horsing around on the beach or running around the docks with little to no supervision - my drunken grandfather wasn't really one to be watching out for kid safety.

Amazingly survived a childhood that wasn't tightly scheduled or heavily guarded.

When I was 5 or 6, my mother took us skating at a pond up the road.

After skating for a while, she broke through the ice, up to her waist, wearing her fur coat. She was really annoyed, and had to tell my little brother to stay away - he was trying to go to her. She took us home.

She pointed out that she had not seen that the ice was thin in that area, and that should be a lesson to us to be careful. We skated on that little pond many times after that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply