Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Video Free will

been a while since AntiCitizenX made another cartoon videos Drooling
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
26-07-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 03:17 PM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: Free will
He is wrong about the computers. Computers can only make descisions based on predetermined coded choices based on algorithms and codes that we give it to choose between during certain circumstances. Unless we code it to randomize it, it will always predictably choose the outcome that we code it to choose based on the information we have already given it.

"Free will is the power to act in either by the choices we make or behavior in mannerisms, body language, speech or consumption without the constraints of necessity, fate, predetermined choices given to us by another entity by coercion, or puppetry."

Second definition from me would be

Free will is a concept of making choices from a being whom is both self aware and conscious.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-07-2015, 03:49 PM
(26-07-2015 03:12 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  He is wrong about the computers. Computers can only make descisions based on predetermined coded choices based on algorithms and codes that we give it to choose between during certain circumstances. Unless we code it to randomize it, it will always predictably choose the outcome that we code it to choose based on the information we have already given it.
And even the Random() function is predictable if you knew the state of each transistor.
But then,
The human brain is exactly the same. It is a biochemical machine 100% dependant on the laws of physics. If you knew the state of each elementary particle you could accurately predict the future given an accurate knowledge of the laws of physics. Even if you take into account "random" quantumm fluctuations and "random" decay you would still realise that the "mind" has no influence over these things.
"Free will" as a concept only works if you float up to an abstract level and "forget" about the underlying physical laws.
There is no reason why a computer cannot attain the levels of "free will" that a human perceives that they have.
26-07-2015, 06:48 PM
There is no such thing as free will. Well, ok, there is a tiny bit of it available to you, but not much.

Your decisions are based on biochemistry, DNA, culture (learned behavior), and a tiny bit of wriggle room to integrate real time learning.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2015, 10:34 AM
(26-07-2015 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is no such thing as free will. Well, ok, there is a tiny bit of it available to you, but not much.

Your decisions are based on biochemistry, DNA, culture (learned behavior), and a tiny bit of wriggle room to integrate real time learning.
Don't forget evolving infinity that is counsciousness ^^

You can actually argue that free will is the limitations of your own senses in comparison to the infinity of everything. If you'd lift off those limitations and experience counsciousness, you could find that everything could be predetermined.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Cheers.
27-07-2015, 10:42 AM
(27-07-2015 10:34 AM)hasgclean Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is no such thing as free will. Well, ok, there is a tiny bit of it available to you, but not much.

Don't forget evolving infinity that is counsciousness ^^

You can actually argue that free will is the limitations of your own senses in comparison to the infinity of everything. If you'd lift off those limitations and experience counsciousness, you could find that everything could be predetermined.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Cheers.

Maybe I need more coffee, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2015, 11:09 AM
(27-07-2015 10:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:34 AM)hasgclean Wrote:  Don't forget evolving infinity that is counsciousness ^^

Sorry for the intrusion.

Cheers.

Maybe I need more coffee, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Imagine that everything, literally everything could be compressed into a peanut, every aspect of the natural laws that make possible gravity and me writting this to you. Scientific knowledge now tells us that that peanut exists. Now imagine you are inside of that peanut, experiencing its wholeness, thats what some classical meditation techniques with the support of measurements made of the activity of the brain tell us, that you can experience it.

Hope this helped.

Regards, to you.
27-07-2015, 11:14 AM
^^^ That's nuts!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-07-2015, 11:22 AM
It assaults the senses.
27-07-2015, 11:31 AM
The information I gave is actualy very poor, thats why we, in confrontation with it, tend to say no instinctively. If I added what is experiencing the peanut then you'd see it's ok to look at it with loving eyes ^^ and that acceptance is actualy what enables people to live better, to enjoy all and every little thing as much as one can, well, one of the ways, hehe.

Bb