Free will???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 02:32 AM
Free will???
How do you debunk an answer theists the whole issue of free will???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 03:06 AM
RE: Free will???
(10-01-2016 02:32 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How do you debunk an answer theists the whole issue of free will???

Could you restate that, in English please?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 03:54 AM
Free will is not a biblical idea. In fact the phrase is from St Augustine.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-01-2016, 05:36 AM
(10-01-2016 03:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Free will is not a biblical idea. In fact the phrase is from St Augustine.

It was predetermined that you were going say that.

It is written.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2016, 07:12 AM
What free will ? The idea itself is ridiculous.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
10-01-2016, 07:17 AM
(10-01-2016 02:32 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How do you debunk an answer theists the whole issue of free will???

Ask them to define free will. They will probably come back with something like "Why don't you eat babies? If you aren't governed by God's laws?" The answer to that is easy. "If all that is keeping you from eating babies is God watching you, don't I repeat do not give Him up. I am glad you believe if that is what it takes to keep you from eating babies!"
10-01-2016, 07:23 AM
There is no good reason to doubt philosophical materialism as an accurate description of objective reality. Free will doesn't exist.
10-01-2016, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 07:43 AM by TheInquisition.)
Darkmatter makes great points -How God Favors Evil:

Darkmatter uses the instance of a rapist/murderer committing a crime on a woman and her kid. There's actually an instance in the bible that is very similar to that.

In the tale of Elsiha and the she-bears, apologists like to point out that this is commonly misinterpreted as "young men" that were part of a gang. That still doesn't make a slaughter of 42 people for taunting Elisha justifiable, but here is a case of this God stepping in and stopping a gang of "young men" from harming Elisha.

So there you have it, the OT god does step in and this nonsense about free will is ignored by this god, he'll drop the hammer if you insult His prophet! He doesn't give a a shit about anyone being harmed though.

Of course the free will response is made by people that never see supernatural intervention by this god, so they constructed an unfalsifiable excuse-generating mechanism that can be violated depending on the person making such claims as god intervening in our lives.

So when someone finds their car keys- goddidit!

When someone is brutally murdered- free will, Satan or God's mysterious ways did it.

So now you can drift through your life with your eyes closed, claiming all of these good things as being evidence of god's existence and benevolence while you can hand-wave away anything that doesn't fit within that world view.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-01-2016, 07:43 AM
I always liked Hitchens response...
Of course we have free will, we have no choice.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
10-01-2016, 09:00 AM
My free will allows me to make choices. I can consider the consequences of one action or another or the consequences of doing nothing.

Even after considering which option is the best choice, I can still choose to take actions that aren't the best choice and sometimes even pick an option that is clearly the worst choice.

My free will can be limited when my ability to control my own actions are limited.

As a being born naturally in this universe, free will is part of my nature.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post