Freedom and Unfreedom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
RE: Freedom and Unfreedom
I think if we were more in touch with nature then we would be more free.......if we looked after the planet instead of destroying it.

In a way we have created our own prisons......wether they be physical or in the mind Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
10-07-2013, 11:50 AM
If you take all these things in a positive sense so it's freedom because all health and other general expenses which are made by our governance is done with our taxes so it's for our safety and health. I don't mind paying tax i live in aged home now and i pay tax all my life yet, this thing really made be proud because i deal my country with honesty.

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
The more people, the less freedom.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
(10-07-2013 01:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  The more people, the less freedom.

The more people, the larger the government. I wouldn't really equate larger government with less freedom.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
11-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Freedom and Unfreedom
The evolution of human societies creates periods of rise and fall of large cities. This rise and fall of relatively large cities corresponds to the rise and fall of that particular culture.
11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
(10-07-2013 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 01:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  The more people, the less freedom.

The more people, the larger the government. I wouldn't really equate larger government with less freedom.

If I live alone, I can leave my bra hanging on the bathroom doorknob without worries, get up at 2am and run the espresso maker (LOUD) and whatever, can't do that with a room mate.

If I live in a small town, I got no traffic stops, park where I want and so on.

The more people, the more things in your life have to take them into account, and the less freedoms you have.

Wasn't even talking about government, just personal freedoms.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-07-2013, 06:48 AM
(11-07-2013 02:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wasn't even talking about government, just personal freedoms.

What do you think "takes" these freedoms away?

Poonjab
15-07-2013, 06:53 PM
(27-08-2011 04:40 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I said employees are wage-slaves and only the bosses are free.

Well, they are not. Slavery is claiming ownership someone as property through coersion and outright violence. A job with a company is a voluntary contract between both parties, it is not slavery by definition. Saying 'wage slave' is incorrect and a little insulting to victims of slavery.
16-07-2013, 03:37 AM
(15-07-2013 06:53 PM)Koolay Wrote:  
(27-08-2011 04:40 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I said employees are wage-slaves and only the bosses are free.

Well, they are not. Slavery is claiming ownership someone as property through coersion and outright violence. A job with a company is a voluntary contract between both parties, it is not slavery by definition. Saying 'wage slave' is incorrect and a little insulting to victims of slavery.

They are slaves to what corporations determine is the minimum wage. They are, in effect, wage-slaves.

Poonjab
16-07-2013, 04:07 AM
(16-07-2013 03:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 06:53 PM)Koolay Wrote:  Well, they are not. Slavery is claiming ownership someone as property through coersion and outright violence. A job with a company is a voluntary contract between both parties, it is not slavery by definition. Saying 'wage slave' is incorrect and a little insulting to victims of slavery.

They are slaves to what corporations determine is the minimum wage. They are, in effect, wage-slaves.

If something is voluntarily agreed, then it is not slavery by definition.

OT: Governments enforce minimum wage, not companies.