Freedom of press

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2015, 03:50 AM
Freedom of press
Reporters without borders

USA at #49. Is this something you feel happy about?

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Harvey's post
13-02-2015, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 08:42 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Freedom of press
#49 ... luxury!

#147 Malaysia
#153 Singapore

Weeping

But tbh, there's not much of a pretense of press freedom. Everyone knows that the media is a state communication / populace management tool and treats it accordingly.

It's probably worse if you're under the mistaken belief that the press is fair, balanced and unbiased.

Ehem fox noise.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
13-02-2015, 04:39 AM
SA 39, Zim 131 - more free than Malaysia Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Why can't Canada be warm year round?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Australia is #25.

I guess that's not too bad.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-02-2015, 08:38 AM
In the U.S. 'freedom of the press' now seems to mean the 'news' doesn't need to be all that factual.
Just stick to your agenda.
13-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Drinking Beverage

[Image: oscar.png]
13-02-2015, 05:29 PM
(13-02-2015 07:45 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Why can't Canada be warm year round?

Well, the west coast is pretty warm.

Actually, our current federal government has been an ongoing nightmare, so far as press access has been concerned. To the point that they're almost infamous for the PMO's totalitarian control of information.

What's truly horrifying is that apparently that's still pretty much as good as it gets (lol top 10) on this whole damn planet of ours.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
13-02-2015, 05:29 PM
So never heard of this Eritrea country before (which is surprising because my geography is rather good if I don't say so myself) but it scored last, lower than North Korea...
Just soak that in for a little while. Worse than North Korea. And I thought the Spanish were pretty piss poor colonizers, these Italians... damn they did a shit job...

[Image: oscar.png]
13-02-2015, 05:36 PM
(13-02-2015 05:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So never heard of this Eritrea country before (which is surprising because my geography is rather good if I don't say so myself) but it scored last, lower than North Korea...
Just soak that in for a little while. Worse than North Korea. And I thought the Spanish were pretty piss poor colonizers, these Italians... damn they did a shit job...

Far more of Eritrea's problems can be traced to its forcible annexation to Ethiopia post WWII and subsequent decades long insurgency before gaining independence when the Ethiopian communists collapsed. Well - and that's not to mention the civil wars between rebel factions while that was happening.

Naturally, this environment left only the nicest possible people in charge in the 1990s. The more you know!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post