Freemasonry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Freemasonry
You still have not provided any evidence that Freemasonry has a "profound influence".

Put up or shut up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2013, 07:38 AM
(21-01-2013 10:22 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 07:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are truly ignorant and obnoxious.
I need to make myself ignorant to be on your level. I am sorry I have to do this, but I would otherwise not be able to socialize with
[Image: ogt8x2tvhq.jpg]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-01-2013, 07:57 AM
(22-01-2013 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  You still have not provided any evidence that Freemasonry has a "profound influence".

Put up or shut up.
No amount of evidence would ever satisfy he,
not bones, not flesh, nor blood and earth
rather he shall believe what lacks in proof,
for the truth he wants not to see.

Never was there a man nor woman,
who could so easily be swayed and deluded,
For it was always before his very eyes
that from which his mind sought to be eluded.

Tell me why friend Chas. Why I should show you that which you would deny? Proving to you something you wish not to be proven will only result in my futile attempts. So friend Chas I say to you, you who asks questions in a contemptuous tone, what didst thou chooseth when thy had thine choice?

[Image: Matrix_Pills_by_LuCk_aGe.jpg]
22-01-2013, 08:08 AM
I would have tried to make another stick figure to respond to this with, but I can't think of one at the moment.

It is a simple question: "What is your evidence?"

Assuming A Priori that it will be dismissed out of hand is pointless, if you are going to bring something to the table, and not explain what it is, I find it highly unreasonable of you to be expecting us to eat it without scepticism.

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
22-01-2013, 08:26 AM
(22-01-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I would have tried to make another stick figure to respond to this with, but I can't think of one at the moment.

Assuming A Priori that it will be dismissed out of hand is pointless, if you are going to bring something to the table, and not explain what it is, I find it highly unreasonable of you to be expecting us to eat it without scepticism.
There is no greater enemy to the truth, than the belief that it is nigh impossible. It is there for you to think about not to eat, if you eat your own thoughts then that may explain why people here seem to not be thinking at all! How should you ever know anything if you did not have the fires of curiosity? Seems to me that those on the atheist level have nothing but ashes left of their once great desire to understand.

A man need not a reason for his desire to know.
22-01-2013, 08:56 AM
(22-01-2013 08:26 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 08:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I would have tried to make another stick figure to respond to this with, but I can't think of one at the moment.

There is no greater enemy to the truth, than the belief that it is nigh impossible. It is there for you to think about not to eat, if you eat your own thoughts then that may explain why people here seem to not be thinking at all! How should you ever know anything if you did not have the fires of curiosity? Seems to me that those on the atheist level have nothing but ashes left of their once great desire to understand.

A man need not a reason for his desire to know.

To what 'truth" do you refer? You certainly have not given any sort of truth, or at least elaborated upon it.

Quote: It is there for you to think about not to eat, if you eat your own thoughts then that may explain why people here seem to not be thinking at all!

I was playing off the idiom "Bring something to the table".
Quote: How should you ever know anything if you did not have the fires of curiosity?

From past observation, it seems to me that you don't have a grasp on flames of any kind, or embers for that matter.

Quote: Seems to me that those on the atheist level have nothing but ashes left of their once great desire to understand.

What atheist level?

If I train hard enough, will I evolve into some kind of badass creature that can control the elements? Or do my stats just keep increasing? Will I get a new class? Learn a knew spell? I must know man!

I MUST KNOW!!!

Quote: A man need not a reason for his desire to know.

What is that even supposed to mean? Consider

People have expressed a desire to know what the fuck you're babbling about (And by the the same token, what evidence you have to support it). does that mean you will answer them, or will you spout off more bullshit that seems built to distract away from all your dodging and weaving, showing the apparent point that you have no good reason or argument, least of all evidence that you could use to defend you position.

22-01-2013, 09:11 AM
(22-01-2013 08:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What is that even supposed to mean? Consider

People have expressed a desire to know what the fuck you're babbling about (And by the the same token, what evidence you have to support it). does that mean you will answer them, or will you spout off more bullshit that seems built to distract away from all your dodging and weaving, showing the apparent point that you have no good reason or argument, least of all evidence that you could use to defend you position.
The second most dangerous thing to truth, is mockery.

what position need I defend? From atop the hill afar? or from the rivers and forests of our ancestors? Clearly you sir think I must defend my beliefs, clearly I sir do not believe I have such a responsibility if I sir am not trying to prove them to you.

Recorded encounters since time unknown, has shown me that a solid wall of ignorance can only make sounds when you bounce an idea to them. There's no logical reason for me to bounce an idea towards you and your ilk. But there is a cause for me to bounce it to you, so it can be bounced back to me and I may contemplate it as though the thought were not my own.

Of course I am doing no bouncing of thoughts with you right now, and yet you intrude that I must prove my thoughts to you? Such discourtesy, what makes you feel so important that I must explain myself for that which I hold to myself and not to you?

I merely stated that freemasons have had a profound effect on our society and yet you like a religious zealot automatically assume a aggressive stance and behavior. As if I put it there for arguments sake you thought to yourselves! Perhaps I just put it there for the sole reason of it being put somewhere if not inside my head!

Now if you'll excuse me I have a meeting, a job, and a duty that I must attend.
22-01-2013, 09:16 AM
(22-01-2013 09:11 AM)Nappa Wrote:  I merely stated that freemasons have had a profound effect on our society and yet you like a religious zealot automatically assume a aggressive stance and behavior. As if I put it there for arguments sake you thought to yourselves! Perhaps I just put it there for the sole reason of it being put somewhere if not inside my head!

The position you need to defend is your unsubstantiated assertion. What "profound effect" does Freemasonry have and what is the evidence?

Otherwise, yes, it's all just in your head.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2013, 09:18 AM
(22-01-2013 09:11 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 08:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What is that even supposed to mean? Consider

The second most dangerous thing to truth, is mockery.

That is the part you considered to be mocking?

22-01-2013, 09:26 AM
(22-01-2013 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  The position you need to defend is your unsubstantiated assertion. What "profound effect" does Freemasonry have and what is the evidence?

Otherwise, yes, it's all just in your head.
I need defend no position for I am not fighting. Perhaps you are in your overly aggressive I'm right about everything mannerisms. But as for me I am simply speaking my mind. Maybe you should take up the audacious task of defending your opponent's argument? For that I have done for all my opponents, it is the thing I must do in order to be reasonable and logical. For how biased might I be if I defended only my own opinions?

@Free Thought

The mockery was left out of the post, had the post been entirely of mocking and rees then I would not have replied to you at all!