Freethinking pastor's wife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: Freethinking pastor's wife
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Welcome. Hope this place provides you with a little sanity in this crazy world.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
21-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-04-2016, 04:32 AM
Welcome. You're in a difficult situation, so I hope you find a lot of support here. It's hard to be atheist when it's the family business. My father was a pastor and then a missionary, and I wasn't able even to contemplate atheism until I moved out.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
24-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Welcome. And now you are not the only atheist you know. Smile
[+] 2 users Like edbaldwin's post
24-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Welcome. You are in a tough spot. It's generally expected that a pastor's wife is sort of the assistant pastor in a lot of ways. Have to keep up appearances to keep that job I would assume.

Good luck with working things out...we have other member's married to theists though not necessarily pastors. Your situation is a bit different. You probably have to take steps to protect your family's income. It's not unlike the young people we get here who are living under their religious parents' roof and rules...there is extra stress involved when your livelihood is at stake. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-04-2016, 11:34 AM
(24-04-2016 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  there is extra stress involved when your livelihood is at stake. Undecided

"QFT" - Joan of Arc Tongue

Welcome new member Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2016, 01:15 PM
(24-04-2016 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome. You are in a tough spot. It's generally expected that a pastor's wife is sort of the assistant pastor in a lot of ways. Have to keep up appearances to keep that job I would assume.

Good luck with working things out...we have other member's married to theists though not necessarily pastors. Your situation is a bit different. You probably have to take steps to protect your family's income. It's not unlike the young people we get here who are living under their religious parents' roof and rules...there is extra stress involved when your livelihood is at stake. Undecided

He has a full time job and preaching on the side. I quit church about 3 years ago. I quit believing in god and jesus and the whole bag of tricks last October. He doesn't get paid much but he loves it with a passion. We haven't really discussed it in depth because he is hardly home. I don't know where it will go.......
[+] 1 user Likes BlueBelle's post
24-04-2016, 01:16 PM
G'day and welcome from Downunder. Smile

You might like to check out this site re "mixed" marriages:

Unequally Yoked: Advice for Atheists in a Relationship with a Theist.

The only thing that concerns me is that your husband has dismissed your turn to atheism as a "mid-life crisis". This term is usually used to brush off and/or denigrate life decisions made by one's partner, so you need to make it abundantly clear that your new found non-belief isn't just a passing fad or a whim of the day. Otherwise he may falsely hold the thought that it'll pass given time. But, if this is the case, and as time progresses he may get more defensive, or angry or inner-directed when he realises that you're for real with your deconversion.

I'll wish you well with this, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need some more info or moral backup.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post