Freewill and bible compilation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Freewill and bible compilation
(24-11-2015 02:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  I can reject any knowledge I want. If I can reject it means God doesn't control me. To offer knowledge is not = controlling someone.
God doesn't say anything about freewill. But you can show me some sources where He talks about freewill. God gives us moral agency - agency to choose between good and evil.

Actually he doesn't. Neuro-science has proven decisions are made before we are conscious of them.

Does that mean there is some sort of god(s)?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 03:27 PM
(24-11-2015 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So you are saying you don't have freewill?
No, I don't say this. I only say that God didn't say that He gave us freewill.
God said that He gave us moral agency - agency to choose between good and evil.
(24-11-2015 02:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And how can you reject knowledge that is implanted in your head?
1)By not believing it is true.
2)By not acting upon this knowledge.
(24-11-2015 02:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Do you actually understand what you are saying? It's not as if your god sat these bible writers down and had a class with them and they could choose to accept what he said or reject it. If he guided this book, then they had no choice in the matter.
God was giving them revelations. God told them to write it down.
Later prophets had to "digest" what God was teaching them, they also had to figure out how to explain people what God taught them. Only then they would sit down and write to the best of their understanding and memory.
They also had moral agency. They could choose good - to obey God and write, or they could choose evil - not to obey God and not write them down.

Citation needed. Or better yet, Hasa Diga Eebowai.

I find your apologetics childish, lacking and full of shit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2015, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2015 03:35 PM by Alla.)
(24-11-2015 02:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Then where does God say he gives you moral agency? Plenty of people such as KC don't believe that is the case at all either.
In the Bible, in the Book of Mormon, for example.
God tells that every man has freedom to choose between eternal life (good) and death(evil). We have moral agency to choose between things that will lead us to death(evil), or that will lead us to eternal life(good).
God didn't talk about any other choices, freedoms. Or, you can show me the source where it says otherwise.
(24-11-2015 02:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Also, did angels or other celestial beings have the moral agency or free will themselves?
Of course. They have moral agency to choose between good(life) and evil(death)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-11-2015, 03:31 PM
(24-11-2015 03:27 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I find your apologetics childish, lacking and full of shit.

And it is none of my business how you find what I share with you. Smile

24-11-2015, 03:33 PM
(24-11-2015 03:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 03:27 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I find your apologetics childish, lacking and full of shit.

And it is none of my business how you find what I share with you. Smile

Fair enough, but it's painfully obvious you've never used critical thinking in your life. Most of what you spilled here is made-up effluvium.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
24-11-2015, 03:36 PM
(24-11-2015 03:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 03:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  And it is none of my business how you find what I share with you. Smile

Fair enough, but it's painfully obvious you've never used critical thinking in your life. Most of what you spilled here is made-up effluvium.

OK, whatever you say. Smile
But I did answer your questions to the best of my ability Big Grin

24-11-2015, 03:44 PM
(24-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 03:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Fair enough, but it's painfully obvious you've never used critical thinking in your life. Most of what you spilled here is made-up effluvium.

OK, whatever you say. Smile

And on that we can agree.

----
24-11-2015, 03:45 PM
(24-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 03:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Fair enough, but it's painfully obvious you've never used critical thinking in your life. Most of what you spilled here is made-up effluvium.

I very highly doubt that.

I suppose your mormon lore has a whole second nature to it with it's special purpose but if Angels have the same moral choice options of Humans. There is no point in the typical Christian explanation of why Humans are needed or desired by God to be a special being... literally what is different from Adam & Eve in the Garden and the Angels? There is no distinction and the whole idea of needing to suffer on the Earth to prove heavenly status is nonsense as Angels were given it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-11-2015, 04:13 PM
(24-11-2015 03:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  But I did answer your questions to the best of my ability Big Grin

I very highly doubt that.

I suppose your mormon lore has a whole second nature to it with it's special purpose but if Angels have the same moral choice options of Humans. There is no point in the typical Christian explanation of why Humans are needed or desired by God to be a special being... literally what is different from Adam & Eve in the Garden and the Angels? There is no distinction and the whole idea of needing to suffer on the Earth to prove heavenly status is nonsense as Angels were given it.

I have to leave forum for now but I will answer your great questions.

24-11-2015, 04:37 PM
http://exploringthemind.com/the-mind/bra...you-decide

http://www.thelavinagency.com/blog-scien...-time.html

http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-david-...n-control/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.