French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: This just doesn't make sense to me.
(25-08-2016 08:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The Burkini ban in France. For those of you who haven't seen the photo of the woman on the beach who was asked to remove her burka, here she is prior to being asked to remove her tunic.

[Image: PAY-burkini.jpg]

She removes her tunic.

[Image: PAY-burkini.jpg]

I've covered myself almost as much as this lady because I burn like crazy and yes I know that's MY choice. But what the hell. The French, of all people, should know that clothing regulations have never worked. I've studied textiles and costume history for 25 years and for the last 3 thousand years whenever people have had clothing laws (yes, there have been numerous clothing laws over the centuries) it usually backfires.

Usually clothing regulations are based on political power or on morality therefore royal families or the church banned them. Too much skin was showing, the heel of the shoe is too high, even the shoe was too pointed. These shoes below were banned by the church as being too phallic and attracting women. Men wore them anyway and even added bells on the end to attract even more women.

[Image: II_01_12.jpg]

The funny thing about those Poulaine shoes is that it was influenced by the pointed shoes of the Middle East Muslims during the Crusades.

Here are some Sumptuary Laws throughout history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumptuary_law

Almost every historical movement of people from one country to another has them keeping some of the traditional costume they're familiar with but slowly converting to the new garments of their adopted land. It usually takes a couple of generations. Clothing laws are ridiculous.

Rant over.

It doesn't. It's a violation of individual rights. The government of France should respect them even if this woman's religion doesn't.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
26-08-2016, 10:01 AM
1910 bathing suits

[Image: 5301463413_21fa3550a7.jpg]

1920 bathing suits

[Image: mailingcard1906catalog.jpg]

No one has any right to say what another can or can not wear. No law should be passed discrimination a person for their relgion.

But they are open to mockery and ridicule.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Frances Top Administrative Court Overturns Burkini Ban

Quote:PARIS — After a month of intense national scandal and heightened international outrage, France’s highest administrative court, the Conseil d’État, on Friday overturned the so-called burkini ban in a coastal area of the south of France.

Imposed in the name of secularism, perhaps France’s most sacred ideal, the highly controversial burkini bans -- currently affecting 25 French towns and cities besides Villeneuve-Loubet, which the court primarily addressed -- prohibit Muslim women from wearing full-bodied bathing suits designed to respect traditional codes of modesty on the beach.

But in its Friday ruling, the administrative court concluded that the idea of a burkini ban insulted “fundamental freedoms” such as the “freedom to come and go, the freedom of conscience and personal liberty.”

Forcing someone not to wear clothing that makes them comfortable in a beach setting is as bad as forcing all women to wear the thing. These laws were a definite reaction to the recent attack on Nice, punishing innocent people for the act of a lone terrorist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 13 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-08-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Frances Top Administrative Court Overturns Burkini Ban
They are French, such merde.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-08-2016, 12:35 PM
The burkini ban is so moronic, they are saying "Let's give women the freedom to wear what they want and if they don't like that freedom let's enforce it by trolling the beach forcing them to take off their oppressive religious garments!"

What? You're doing the exact same thing now, you're literally forcing women to dress how you want them to dress for their well being because you think it's wrong for them to cover up like that. How is that different than a caliph telling his female followers to cover up for their well being? You're just trading one oppression for another. Who says she was forced to wear it anyway?

This kind of reminds me of women who don't want to be feminists and say "I just want to get married and have kids, what's so wrong with that? I don't want a college degree or a career, just a family." and it's like yeah, no one is forcing you to go to school or enter the work force, you are free to make your own choices as a woman, it just used to be much harder for a women to have all options, it doesn't mean you're being forced to do anything. This France thing is literally forcing them to make the more liberal choice because it's the "right" one? Umm if you say so.

Maybe it was her choice and even if it's influenced by her religion, so what? People do much worse for their religion, wearing a cover at the beach or covering your hair with a hijab doesn't bother me one bit and doesn't seem to bother them either so it's a win-win.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
26-08-2016, 12:50 PM
(26-08-2016 08:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 12:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: banana.jpg]

Hot, Girly! Wow! That hammock is so tight, where am I going to squeeze my dollar bills?

They usually slide them in on top of the nipples. Few are willing to risk it for a mere dollar. Tens and twenties are preferred for the safety of the customers.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Maybe the french people are tired of having immigrants forced upon them . Maybe they are tired of the thousands of people, mainly men, camped out at Calais trying to get here to the UK.

Maybe they are tired of the creeping of Islam into everything from food to birthrates and getting labelled either racist or Islamaphobes for bringing it up in a society that is conditioned not to question these matters.

Maybe they are tired of bullshit liberalists who say "a human being should be allowed to wear what they want".....even if wearing what they want is because of a bullshit ideology that limits their rights and freedoms that is in direct conflict with the rights and freedoms that the country appears to uphold and promote.

Maybe they are tired of the numerous terroist attacks that have been increasing due to decades of western interference in middle eastern countries for "freedom and democracy" that has done nothing but foster fear and hatred towards the west.

Maybe they are tired of living with native born muslims who refer to where their ancestors were born as "home"

You americans have had it quite easy so far. You havent had to live in a country where Islam is slowly taking over and infringing upon your own rights. You haven't had to watch as food chains remove ham from their menu's, you havent had to experience ghetto's rising up with people dumping rubbish and shitting in the street draining public resources to keep them clean. You haven't had to watch the numerous ways of spelling mohamed rise up the poll's of names to the top. You haven't had to watch supermarkets dedicate and seperate halal food from that declared haram by the muslim community being frequented by people who don't even speak in your native tongue.

FUCK ISLAM.....FUCK RELIGION and FUCK LIBERALISM that is mixing diverse cultures like oil and water that is being influenced to happen by that Soros cunt.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-08-2016, 01:07 PM
(26-08-2016 12:59 PM)bemore Wrote:  Maybe the french people are tired of having immigrants forced upon them . Maybe they are tired of the thousands of people, mainly men, camped out at Calais trying to get here to the UK.

Maybe they are tired of the creeping of Islam into everything from food to birthrates and getting labelled either racist or Islamaphobes for bringing it up in a society that is conditioned not to question these matters.

Maybe they are tired of bullshit liberalists who say "a human being should be allowed to wear what they want".....even if wearing what they want is because of a bullshit ideology that limits their rights and freedoms that is in direct conflict with the rights and freedoms that the country appears to uphold and promote.

Maybe they are tired of the numerous terroist attacks that have been increasing due to decades of western interference in middle eastern countries for "freedom and democracy" that has done nothing but foster fear and hatred towards the west.

Maybe they are tired of living with native born muslims who refer to where their ancestors were born as "home"

You americans have had it quite easy so far. You havent had to live in a country where Islam is slowly taking over and infringing upon your own rights. You haven't had to watch as food chains remove ham from their menu's, you havent had to experience ghetto's rising up with people dumping rubbish and shitting in the street draining public resources to keep them clean. You haven't had to watch the numerous ways of spelling mohamed rise up the poll's of names to the top. You haven't had to watch supermarkets dedicate and seperate halal food from that declared haram by the muslim community being frequented by people who don't even speak in your native tongue.

FUCK ISLAM.....FUCK RELIGION and FUCK LIBERALISM that is mixing diverse cultures like oil and water that is being influenced to happen by that Soros cunt.

So how does harassing women on the beach solve any of that?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-08-2016, 01:20 PM
It doesn't solve anything.

It's just an indicator of a tired and scared populous.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
26-08-2016, 01:49 PM
(26-08-2016 01:20 PM)bemore Wrote:  It doesn't solve anything.

It's just an indicator of a tired and scared populous.

Normally I'd expect that level of lack of thought to be an American thing...

Pass a bullshit law based on fear.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post