French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: This just doesn't make sense to me.
(26-08-2016 04:51 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  Yes, Audrey Hepburn wearing a scarf = modern day Muslim woman wearing a burka

Thumbsup

Facepalm

Aw, Jesus Fucking Christ! I happen to love Audrey Hepburn. It was on the same image page with all the scarves. You don't like it then to hell with you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2016, 05:14 PM
I've seen women on the beach on the left coast of Florida being hassled for too little clothing. but not for too much!
26-08-2016, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 07:55 PM by Chas.)
(26-08-2016 03:29 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 10:59 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  It's about the fact that Muslim women are generally not free in any relevant meaning of the word to wear what they want. They are coerced by their communities to dress in a certain way. That is what this law is preventing. To confuse that with something like the plight of the Jews under antisemitic laws is to completely miss the point.
This may have to be a drive-by post, since I'm reasonably sure I'm going to catch a hell of a lot of return fire.

So, I wanted to know something about Islam as it is viewed and practiced by its adherents. I decided to actually talk to one of them, rather than to one of you, on the hypothesis that I would be closer to the source. I therefore signed up on a Sunni (conservative Muslim) forum, listing my religion as Atheist. Imagine my surprise when a lot of what I was told there conflicted with what was being said here.

The following is from a thread there, that touches on the subject of the post I cite above. The author is an American former atheist, who converted to Islam. I fully expect to be told by someone here that she doesn't know how Islam works, or that she's so oppressed that she doesn't know she's oppressed, or some such.

Quote::bism:<b> (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)</b><br />
<br />
[quote name=&quot;jabeady&quot; post=2923269]After reading this, I think I now understand Muslim women who complain about all the non-Muslims who want to liberate them.
<br />
<br />
It's actually more simple than that. For example, take this thread as an example. If someone here or elsewhere tells you you're an atheist because you're mentally ill or your atheism means you're mentally deficient, I think you'd want to pull your hair off at the roots out of frustration because you know what people are doing is projecting their own acquired ridiculous biases onto you. Do you like or even accept people telling you you don't know your own mind? Nope.<br />
<br />
In that same way, I as a Muslim woman 100% know my mind and feel frustrated when I am told that I don't know my mind and am &quot;not liberated.&quot; I mean, come on! I am a product of Western culture. I was raised in a secularized household. I went to the best law school in my state, and yes, one of the top 50 in all of the United States, and was one of the best students graduating with distinction in my high school from a magnet program and graduated a private liberal arts college with magna cum laude. I have been a liberal in political orientation my entire life. Also, I have been a staunch feminist almost my entire life. I can honestly wasn't socially conditioned or even psychologically conditioned to believe that I have to do anything, believe anything, nor was I indoctrinated into a religion. <br />
<br />
My journey to Islam happened not because I was looking for a religion but because despite my atheism, I had a love affair with history and anthropology and communication, and therefore loved researching religions in my own time and never thought I'd ever adopt a religion. However, despite what I had thought or believed about myself, I found Islam very beautiful and was very, very, very attracted to the beautiful spirit therein, and I slowly but surely could not deny my attraction. Eventually, the matter was simply that my heart changed and my mind changed, and therefore I no longer remained an atheist. <br />
<br />
Any person telling me I don't know my mind is in my mind akin to trying to pat me on the head with the &quot;poor you&quot; tone which I find frankly find frustrating and condescending to the point of where I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How can I be more liberated than I am as an American woman who just happened to make the well-informed choice to become Muslim because I just happened to fall in love with Islam? This myth, stereotype, and hare-brained view that I need liberating as a Muslim woman needs to die, like seriously. I <i>know</i> my mind.

Does she wear a burqa? By choice? Consider

Choosing to adopt a religion because she "happened to fall in love with Islam" is not a well-informed choice. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2016, 07:02 PM
(26-08-2016 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does she wear a burqa? By choice? Consider

A headscarf, I believe. I keep forgetting what they're called. And yes, by choice.

Quote:Choosing to adopt a religion because she "happened to fall in love with Islam" is not a well-informed choice. Drinking Beverage
Not my problem, or yours. It was a freely - made choice for reasons which seemed sufficient to her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
26-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I was gonna make a comment, but then I saw Audrey Hepburn and the reptilian part of my male brain kicked in and I lost my ability to English.

Mmmm, Audrey. Drooling

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2016, 08:00 PM
(26-08-2016 07:02 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does she wear a burqa? By choice? Consider

A headscarf, I believe. I keep forgetting what they're called. And yes, by choice.

A hijab and a burka are nothing alike.

Quote:
Quote:Choosing to adopt a religion because she "happened to fall in love with Islam" is not a well-informed choice. Drinking Beverage
Not my problem, or yours.

People's unreason is a problem for everyone.

Quote:It was a freely - made choice for reasons which seemed sufficient to her.

That does not make it well-informed.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2016, 08:05 PM
She should be able to wear what she wants. What is wrong with the Frence?

JohnR
26-08-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Frances Top Administrative Court Overturns Burkini Ban
(26-08-2016 03:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 11:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Forcing someone not to wear clothing that makes them comfortable in a beach setting is as bad as forcing all women to wear the thing. These laws were a definite reaction to the recent attack on Nice, punishing innocent people for the act of a lone terrorist.
Let alone adding fuel to the growing fire of racial hatred of Arabs and Muslims

Muslim is not a race. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't see that banning this or that garb for religious or cultural reasons is the job of any government.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-08-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Frances Top Administrative Court Overturns Burkini Ban
(26-08-2016 12:59 PM)bemore Wrote:  Maybe the french people are tired of having immigrants forced upon them . Maybe they are tired of the thousands of people, mainly men, camped out at Calais trying to get here to the UK.

Maybe they are tired of the creeping of Islam into everything from food to birthrates and getting labelled either racist or Islamaphobes for bringing it up in a society that is conditioned not to question these matters.

Maybe they are tired of bullshit liberalists who say "a human being should be allowed to wear what they want".....even if wearing what they want is because of a bullshit ideology that limits their rights and freedoms that is in direct conflict with the rights and freedoms that the country appears to uphold and promote.

Maybe they are tired of the numerous terroist attacks that have been increasing due to decades of western interference in middle eastern countries for "freedom and democracy" that has done nothing but foster fear and hatred towards the west.

Maybe they are tired of living with native born muslims who refer to where their ancestors were born as "home"

You americans have had it quite easy so far. You havent had to live in a country where Islam is slowly taking over and infringing upon your own rights. You haven't had to watch as food chains remove ham from their menu's, you havent had to experience ghetto's rising up with people dumping rubbish and shitting in the street draining public resources to keep them clean. You haven't had to watch the numerous ways of spelling mohamed rise up the poll's of names to the top. You haven't had to watch supermarkets dedicate and seperate halal food from that declared haram by the muslim community being frequented by people who don't even speak in your native tongue.

FUCK ISLAM.....FUCK RELIGION and FUCK LIBERALISM that is mixing diverse cultures like oil and water that is being influenced to happen by that Soros cunt.

I'm sorry i tried making it through your long pretentious rant complete with hyperventilation and copious amounts of froth. Then i remembered i heard this speech before from a funny little man with mustache then replaced all the words Muslim and Islam with Jew and Judaism.

Well some sound advice for liberals and Muslims you may wish to acquire a large amount of firepower because last time people of Europe got' tired' of an immigrant populous with specific needs (specific diet and dress code etc ) it didn't go so well .

[Image: giphy.gif]