French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Frances Top Administrative Court Overturns Burkini Ban
Good news. My question is, why do the lackwits who make the laws not consult with the correct authority in the first place? FFS, it would have saved everyone at least some grief.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
26-08-2016, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 09:27 PM by excitedpenguin.)
(26-08-2016 08:56 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 12:59 PM)bemore Wrote:  Maybe the french people are tired of having immigrants forced upon them . Maybe they are tired of the thousands of people, mainly men, camped out at Calais trying to get here to the UK.

Maybe they are tired of the creeping of Islam into everything from food to birthrates and getting labelled either racist or Islamaphobes for bringing it up in a society that is conditioned not to question these matters.

Maybe they are tired of bullshit liberalists who say "a human being should be allowed to wear what they want".....even if wearing what they want is because of a bullshit ideology that limits their rights and freedoms that is in direct conflict with the rights and freedoms that the country appears to uphold and promote.

Maybe they are tired of the numerous terroist attacks that have been increasing due to decades of western interference in middle eastern countries for "freedom and democracy" that has done nothing but foster fear and hatred towards the west.

Maybe they are tired of living with native born muslims who refer to where their ancestors were born as "home"

You americans have had it quite easy so far. You havent had to live in a country where Islam is slowly taking over and infringing upon your own rights. You haven't had to watch as food chains remove ham from their menu's, you havent had to experience ghetto's rising up with people dumping rubbish and shitting in the street draining public resources to keep them clean. You haven't had to watch the numerous ways of spelling mohamed rise up the poll's of names to the top. You haven't had to watch supermarkets dedicate and seperate halal food from that declared haram by the muslim community being frequented by people who don't even speak in your native tongue.

FUCK ISLAM.....FUCK RELIGION and FUCK LIBERALISM that is mixing diverse cultures like oil and water that is being influenced to happen by that Soros cunt.

I'm sorry i tried making it through your long pretentious rant complete with hyperventilation and copious amounts of froth. Then i remembered i heard this speech before from a funny little man with mustache then replaced all the words Muslim and Islam with Jew and Judaism.

Well some sound advice for liberals and Muslims you may wish to acquire a large amount of firepower because last time people of Europe got' tired' of an immigrant populous with specific needs (specific diet and dress code etc ) it didn't go so well .

Are people completely unaware of Godwin's law here? Well, let me explain it to you. It goes like this. Once you mention Hitler as an unrelated talking point or make a bad comparison with the Nazis in a discussion, you lost the argument and the conversation is over.

The jews were never a real threat, Hitler was either delusional or psychopathic in their regard. First of all, they were always a few million people, they almost never create any sort of problems as a community and their beliefs are pretty mild in practice. Islam loses on all of these points.

The fact that you can have atheist jews on the one hand and apostate corpses on the other should tip you off that there's an essential difference to take note of here.
26-08-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 09:51 PM by DLJ.)
RE: This just doesn't make sense to me.
(25-08-2016 10:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm missing something here...

In the United States, you can go to the beach wearing whatever you want. Sometimes I find myself on the beach completely unprepared... maybe I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt or maybe I'm not in the mood to get sunburned on that particular day, so I wear my cover-up.

I thought France was a free country where you can do what you want. It's not like her face was covered and she was acting suspiciously. She was just sitting out on the beach.

(Oh and France, let's get with the program, yes? Get the sand shipped in so your beach goers don't have to sit around on rocks. What's wrong with you people?)

[Image: Laicit%C3%A9_Libert%C3%A9%20%C3%A9galit%...%C3%A9.jpg]

Laïcité is a core concept in the French constitution, Article 1 of which formally states that France is a secular republic ("La France est une République indivisible, laïque, démocratique et sociale.")

Wikipedia Wrote:Supporters argue that Laïcité by itself does not necessarily imply any hostility of the government with respect to religion. It is best described as a belief that government and political issues should be kept separate from religious organizations and religious issues (as long as the latter do not have notable social consequences). This is meant to protect both the government from any possible interference from religious organizations, and to protect the religious organization from political quarrels and controversies.
Critics of laïcité argue that it is a disguised form of anti-clericalism[9] and infringement on individual right to religious expression, and that, instead of promoting freedom of thought and freedom of religion, it prevents the believer from observing his or her religion.

(26-08-2016 08:05 PM)highrigger Wrote:  She should be able to wear what she wants. What is wrong with the Frence?

JohnR

So what separates the US view from the Froggies? Memetic drift.

Some see the 'public sphere' as a neutral zone; others see it as the battle ground for ideas.

Burkinis on a French beach; 10 commandments on a court building.

[Image: _90901136_first111.jpg]

"In the name of freedom, while others in the name of religion" is the caption of this drawing by a Qatari-based artist.

But satire will win in the end:

[Image: liberte-egalite-beyonce-1.jpg]

(26-08-2016 02:51 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  Liberals, as usual, can't criticize something related to the clash of Islam with modernity without resorting to fallacious reasoning and melodramatic hyperbolizing.

It's why I'm loath to call myself one. It's also why I agree with the burka ban, on principle. I'd even agree to a ban of the religion, as I alluded at earlier, if only to annoy the people who would be complaining about it.

Just a reminder that TTA is an international community.

I think you're using the US definition of Liberals.

In a thread about US politics ... sure, fill ya boots. But this is about French policy so please specify that you are using the US (corrupted) definition of Liberals. Big Grin

"Liberals" is not a dirty word in civilised countries.

Thanks.

(26-08-2016 07:02 PM)jabeady Wrote:  ...
A headscarf, I believe. I keep forgetting what they're called.

[Image: aac39cf980f8ce79681288fde1291064.jpg]

Edited to add: Where I live the spelling for the last one is "Hijab"

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
26-08-2016, 09:41 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Regressives are an European creation, Americans have less of a reason to foster them, let alone create them.
26-08-2016, 09:50 PM
(26-08-2016 05:14 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I've seen women on the beach on the left coast of Florida being hassled for too little clothing. but not for too much!

BAP, the left coast? Gasp Which way were you facing at the time?

We have the East and West coasts. Sometimes referred to at the Gulf coast or the Atlantic coast. Here in the Keys we have the Bay side (Florida Bay) and the ocean side (Florida Straits). If you lived in the panhandle you would only have the Gulf of Mexico.

At no time does a Floridian refer to the coast lines as the left or the right. Facepalm

You’re welcome.
End of rant. Carry on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-08-2016, 09:55 PM
While I don't agree with what happened in France, let's not forget that at that same moment there were police officers in Tehran beating women with sticks for protesting the hijab. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, Women in France are having their liberties stripped in the name of freedom, while women in middle east in the name of religion No

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
26-08-2016, 10:02 PM
I still don't think it's the government's job to legislate dress restrictions based on religious faith or cultural mores.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-08-2016, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 10:15 PM by DLJ.)
(26-08-2016 09:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...

At no time does a Floridian refer to the coast lines as the left or the right. Facepalm

You’re welcome.
End of rant. Carry on.

Consider

Does this explain the Liberal/Conservative politics of Ms Deborah Wasserman Schultz?

Big Grin

Also:

Threads Merged

"we are here to serve"

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-08-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)
(26-08-2016 09:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 05:14 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I've seen women on the beach on the left coast of Florida being hassled for too little clothing. but not for too much!

BAP, the left coast? Gasp Which way were you facing at the time?

We have the East and West coasts. Sometimes referred to at the Gulf coast or the Atlantic coast. Here in the Keys we have the Bay side (Florida Bay) and the ocean side (Florida Straits). If you lived in the panhandle you would only have the Gulf of Mexico.

You’re welcome.
End of rant. Carry on.

It's so hard for me to correct a fellow Floridian. It's them versus us out there and we have to stick together. Never-the-less, you're right. What the hell is the "left" coast?! That's just wrong. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-08-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)
Quote:Are people completely unaware of Godwin's law here? Well, let me explain it to you. It goes like this. Once you mention Hitler as an unrelated talking point or make a bad comparison with the Nazis in a discussion, you lost the argument and the conversation is over.

Godwins law doesn't apply here sorry the analogy is spot on

Quote:The jews were never a real threat, Hitler was either delusional or psychopathic in their regard. First of all, they were always a few million people, they almost never create any sort of problems as a community and their beliefs are pretty mild in practice. Islam loses on all of these points.

Define a "real threat " And yup just like most Islamophobia are delusional about the threat Islam posses. Yup and Muslims are only a few million in europe yup and the vast majority of Muslims aren't causing problems and can be just mild in practice as Judaism Christianity i know moderate Muslims i know liberal Muslims i know progressive Muslims i also know plenty of loony Jews who think Muslims should be wiped out and have a less then nice opinion of Christians. Proving a little concept called nuances (sadly something i find least among anti semites and Islamophobes who seem to thrives of tribalism nativism and group think)

The fact that you can have atheist Jews on the one hand and apostate corpses on the other should tip you off that there's an essential difference to take note of here.
[/quot

Cultural Muslims look it up i don't have to because i know plenty

[Image: giphy.gif]