French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: French Birkini (Dance's and Revs' threads merged)
(27-08-2016 10:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 09:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If you can’t see the difference then you’re not trying. Angry

[Image: 70bf6ab7e5c7add1d4fa79da1d6bce28.jpg]

They've all got faces. I don't care what they wear at all, long as there is a face in environments where facial recognition matters.

I know that Dom, but in the OP you could see the beachgoers face as well.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-08-2016, 10:16 AM
(27-08-2016 10:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 10:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  They've all got faces. I don't care what they wear at all, long as there is a face in environments where facial recognition matters.

I know that Dom, but in the OP you could see the beachgoers face as well.

The OP pics are nuts. They distort the actual issue. They are plain sexual harassment in my book.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-08-2016, 10:19 AM
(27-08-2016 09:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I can sort of go along with banning headwear that completely obscures the face in certain instances. But then, do we outlaw ski masks in the winter or full shield motorcycle helmets...will we require people to not wear scarves over their faces when its 20 below and the snow is blowing in every direction? What about not being able to walk into a bank with great big sunglasses and a hat? What about wigs of a color other than the natural hair color? Where do the restrictions end as far as what someone can or can't do with regard to their appearance? No more plastic surgery? A person could be having plastic surgery in an attempt to escape recognition.

How can we go about banning the religious wear of one without banning religiously dictated wear for all. Priests can not longer wear their various garb...no habits for nuns any more. No yarmulkes for Orthodox Jews.

If we are going to start dictating what clothing can or cannot be worn by people of certain belief systems where do we stop? No crosses on necklaces, no Stars of David?

This seems to a slippery slope leading to a world of Stepford People who all look the same, dress the same...and then how do we tell people apart?

Inside of banks and all government buildings in all the Latin American countries i have been in (14) one is not allowed to enter with a hat or sun glasses on.
27-08-2016, 10:22 AM
(27-08-2016 10:19 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 09:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I can sort of go along with banning headwear that completely obscures the face in certain instances. But then, do we outlaw ski masks in the winter or full shield motorcycle helmets...will we require people to not wear scarves over their faces when its 20 below and the snow is blowing in every direction? What about not being able to walk into a bank with great big sunglasses and a hat? What about wigs of a color other than the natural hair color? Where do the restrictions end as far as what someone can or can't do with regard to their appearance? No more plastic surgery? A person could be having plastic surgery in an attempt to escape recognition.

How can we go about banning the religious wear of one without banning religiously dictated wear for all. Priests can not longer wear their various garb...no habits for nuns any more. No yarmulkes for Orthodox Jews.

If we are going to start dictating what clothing can or cannot be worn by people of certain belief systems where do we stop? No crosses on necklaces, no Stars of David?

This seems to a slippery slope leading to a world of Stepford People who all look the same, dress the same...and then how do we tell people apart?

Inside of banks and all government buildings in all the Latin American countries i have been in (14) one is not allowed to enter with a hat or sun glasses on.

That could be a problem. I, along with many, wear glasses that darken in the sun and they don't clear instantly (though the technology is much better than it used to be). I suppose I would have to stand in the entryway with my back to the door and wait for my lenses to clear.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-08-2016, 10:43 AM
(27-08-2016 10:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That could be a problem. I, along with many, wear glasses that darken in the sun and they don't clear instantly (though the technology is much better than it used to be). I suppose I would have to stand in the entryway with my back to the door and wait for my lenses to clear.

Off topic: I am going to get new glasses soon. I had been passing on the transition light option because it doesn't work in the car. Does the new one work in the car?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-08-2016, 10:50 AM
(27-08-2016 10:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 10:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That could be a problem. I, along with many, wear glasses that darken in the sun and they don't clear instantly (though the technology is much better than it used to be). I suppose I would have to stand in the entryway with my back to the door and wait for my lenses to clear.

Off topic: I am going to get new glasses soon. I had been passing on the transition light option because it doesn't work in the car. Does the new one work in the car?

The ones I have are just over a year old and pretty new technology...they do not darken in the car. It must be some UV blocking in the windows or something.

I still really like having them, since my glasses are always on my face it's nice to walk outside and have them darken. I can't be bothered with two pair of glasses. I already wear progressives so I don't have to switch from reading to driving to everything in between.

My pair before this pair is what I wear if I get in the pool. That way I have the sun protection but can still see enough to change the radio or check my phone when I get out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-08-2016, 11:00 AM
(27-08-2016 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 10:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  Off topic: I am going to get new glasses soon. I had been passing on the transition light option because it doesn't work in the car. Does the new one work in the car?

The ones I have are just over a year old and pretty new technology...they do not darken in the car. It must be some UV blocking in the windows or something.

I still really like having them, since my glasses are always on my face it's nice to walk outside and have them darken. I can't be bothered with two pair of glasses. I already wear progressives so I don't have to switch from reading to driving to everything in between.

My pair before this pair is what I wear if I get in the pool. That way I have the sun protection but can still see enough to change the radio or check my phone when I get out.

Hmm, I pretty much only wear sunglasses in the car, so it's still not a thing for me.
Sorry for the interruption, back to our regular programming. Tongue

27-08-2016, 11:22 AM
(27-08-2016 09:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Maybe banks and stores with surveillance systems should have signs on the door:

No shoes, no shirt, no service.
The wearing of ski masks and burkas is prohibited.

Yep, the ski mask one looks totally superfluous, doesn't it? Because it is COMMON SENSE not to cover up your face in such environments.

Gods and race have nothing to do with it.

The burqa one looks not only superfluous, but designed to single out a particular demographic as unwelcome. What's so wrong with "no facial coverings of any sort"?
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-08-2016, 11:26 AM
(27-08-2016 11:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 09:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Maybe banks and stores with surveillance systems should have signs on the door:

No shoes, no shirt, no service.
The wearing of ski masks and burkas is prohibited.

Yep, the ski mask one looks totally superfluous, doesn't it? Because it is COMMON SENSE not to cover up your face in such environments.

Gods and race have nothing to do with it.

The burqa one looks not only superfluous, but designed to single out a particular demographic as unwelcome. What's so wrong with "no facial coverings of any sort"?

Perfect.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Its the damn religion that the the burkha/burkini represents.

It is symbolic.

Whilst on the surface people may say "hey, its only an item of clothing, its just a normal person who more than likely lives a perfectly peaceful existence and is no way a representative of militant Islam and terrorism"

They would be right.

It goes much deeper than that though, I mentioned some points in my previous post. Islam wants US to conform to THEM, they are not willing to conform fully to OUR ways of western living, how can they when it is written in their bullshit Qur'an how they should live their lifes.

How would you feel going into a food outlet to be told that they don't serve ham or bacon any longer and that it has been replaced by turkey slaughtered and blessed the halal way? On the surface.... Hey it's no big deal, but underneath your own rights have been restricted and sure, you can go elsewhere, but it brings resentment.

How would you feel going and looking for social housing and being told that you will have to wait longer because of a rise in immigrants? Yeah sure, their more vulnerable and of course they should be looked after, but at the cost of yourself and your own family in a time of restricted budgets in pretty much all European countries.

How would you feel if child benefits were paid to islamic families that have much higher birthrates than the 'native' families, who pay little back into the system?

How do you think we would cope if we all went in great numbers and lived in a middle eastern country, with our women not covering themselves up, with our atheist ways and we started trying to bend the will of that country to accomodate us, our beliefs, our food, our culture. Do you think the native people in that country would be as liberal as us and allow that change or do you think they would tell us to conform, not only individually but as a collective.... Confirm to their way of living or for us to fuck off? Then to top it all off some of the loons in our group start killing their people in terrorist attacks?

So I repeat, the clothing is just the tip of the iceberg. I have lived and watched all of my life Islam and its culture creep into everything here, if you havent lived it you will never empathise fully with what I say and this story will always just be about 'the freedom to wear what you want' and you wont EVER think of it as a big deal and alone it isn't.

Its a war of cultures, beliefs and ideologies and the more liberal you are the more you can wave goodbye to everything you know and identify with because Islam is not liberal. It wont concede, it wont give back, it wants its own way, all the time.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post