French Housing Minister upsets Cathloic Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
French Housing Minister upsets Cathloic Church
The French Housing Minister, Cécile Duflot, has upset Catholics and the Church hierarchy by threatening to requisition Church owned property to provide shelter for homeless people this winter. The Catholics are now whining and whinging about how persecuted they are !

I'd have thought they could have turned this into an easy win by offering up some token properties, thereby generating some great PR. Strange that they've chosen to use the defensive/victimisation/attack strategy, even coining a new word "Catholophobia" and claiming it's punishment for them being against the Government plans to allow same sex marriages.

[ I couldn't find any English language links, but here's one in French for anyone interested http://sciencesetavenir.nouvelobs.com/to...-abri.html ]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Idlecuriosity's post
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: French Housing Minister upsets Cathloic Church
Lol, they really need to get some XXI century PR consultants Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Cathlophonia? I don't fear Catholics, I fear what Catholic politics do.

Between the Mormon polygamy thread, this and Unicorn lairs I am at a loss for human kind today. It's such a struggle to progress and we're struggling against the stupidest things. Sad Ugh.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
03-12-2012, 03:32 PM
The French Government quarrelling with the Catholic Church! Ah, it feels comfortable to know that there still are certainties in this world!

Well, unused property and parish centers (if they still actually exist in France) could be used for such purposes. It seems quite fitting, and Church leaders in my country have even opened their episcopal palaces for the homeless. But actual churches, that seems a bit imprudent.
04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Is anyone else beginning to think that the Catholic church wants to be hated? I mean, they seem to put a lot of effort into being as unpopular as hell.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM
(03-12-2012 01:23 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Lol, they really need to get some XXI century PR consultants Tongue
They hired one from Fox News, (of course) last Summer to sit at the table with the mucky mucks.
Doesn't seems to have worked.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/world/...viser.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

05-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Poor Catholics, these rich French bastards want to take away their property... Shame on them, who cares about homeless people, if they give them shelter, then they will no longer be homeless, and we all need homeless people because we all know that only one thing is certain ...

[Image: winter_is_coming1.png]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post