French Lab loses 2,000 vials of SARS fragments.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 02:44 PM
French Lab loses 2,000 vials of SARS fragments.
A French Lab has lost 2,000 vials containing fragments of the SARS virus. They say the fragments are no threat but are worried about vulnerability and safety issues within labs. I worry too if they can misplace 2,000 vials of a horrible disease so carelessly. What are your guys and gals thoughts? Know of anyone who had SARS? I bet it's no fun to experience at all.

Source: abcnews

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: French Lab loses 2,000 vials of SARS fragments.
I'm half expecting them to find the last smallpox vials missing when they finally get round to destroying it for good.

SARS on its own apparently isn't all that dangerous... The large death toll from that outbreak years ago was more due to hospitals being overwhelmed with patients. Similar to the Spanish Flu in 1918...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2014, 03:06 PM
(16-04-2014 02:50 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I'm half expecting them to find the last smallpox vials missing when they finally get round to destroying it for good.

SARS on its own apparently isn't all that dangerous... The large death toll from that outbreak years ago was more due to hospitals being overwhelmed with patients. Similar to the Spanish Flu in 1918...

Yeah smallpox does not need to go around again. Yes but as of to date I don't think they have a vaccination for SARS, only thing we have that can fight it are Antipyretic's so if it were to get out again we could contain it but treating it would still be difficult. Only diseases we should be worried about are Ebola which is big now and days and Religion Tongue.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I just hope they keep Ebola contained......far, far away from me.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-04-2014, 04:11 PM
(16-04-2014 04:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I just hope they keep Ebola contained......far, far away from me.

Yeah I agree, I heard reports saying that it's highly unlikely to spread much farther.

16-04-2014, 04:18 PM
God damnit, Frenchmen! Can't you do anything right these days?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-04-2014, 04:40 PM
(16-04-2014 04:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  God damnit, Frenchmen! Can't you do anything right these days?

Croissants, and Crêpes Tongue

[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
16-04-2014, 04:42 PM
(16-04-2014 04:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 04:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  God damnit, Frenchmen! Can't you do anything right these days?

Croissants, and Crêpes Tongue

Food doesn't count. Angry

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-04-2014, 04:51 PM
C'est incroyable. Mauvais. Français mauvais.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
16-04-2014, 04:53 PM
(16-04-2014 04:51 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  C'est incroyable. Mauvais. Français mauvais.

Indeed.