Frickin’ electricity, how does it work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Frickin’ electricity, how does it work?
[Image: 4hfC6.jpg]

From a fourth grade textbook. Honestly, do we have to play stupid as a society for the Christian god to still be vaguely believable? Sometimes I am disgusted that these people undermine life-times and ungodly amounts of money sacrificed to learn just how electricity works, so that we can have modern convinces. We know how electricity works. Granted we don't know every single thing there is to know, but we do know a lot of it. How far departed from reality are these people?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
RE: Frickin’ electricity, how does it work?
and i thought the education in my country is bad. psalms in a fuckin physics book?
that has to be a public schools book, no parent would ever pay for that kind of teaching.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Is this really from a current textbook? If so, then there is something really really wrong Confused

But on that text:
"No one has ever observed it or heard it or felt it" I have to disagree there, i felt it quite frequently when i had a job fixing electric fences Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes it is current(sadly), but no it's not for public schools(luckily). Link To website. It's for home schooling mostly, so that the next generation will have creationists to laugh at as well.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
04-07-2010, 06:43 PM

Oki, i checked out the link and the first thing i saw was "Christian Curriculum"... Disturbing.

After seeing this i decided to check out the official school curriculum for Iceland (knowing that school is still obliged to teach children "christian studies") and was appalled at what i read.

What a child is supposed to have learned from these christian studies after the first grade is for example, get to know christian creation faith and to look at one self, the environment and communication with others in light of that, learn to understand what a prayer is and learn to know the Lord's prayer and other selected prayer.

It says in the curriculum for these christian studies that the school is an educational institution and not a missionary institution and is therefor only supposed to teach children about christianity and increase their understanding of it, but tbh, teaching kids prayers and how god created the earth sounds like missionary work to me.

Sorry bout the long rant, needed to vent.
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
(04-07-2010 06:43 PM)New Frontier Wrote:  Oki, i checked out the link and the first thing i saw was "Christian Curriculum"... Disturbing.

After seeing this i decided to check out the official school curriculum for Iceland (knowing that school is still obliged to teach children "christian studies") and was appalled at what i read.

What a child is supposed to have learned from these christian studies after the first grade is for example, get to know christian creation faith and to look at one self, the environment and communication with others in light of that, learn to understand what a prayer is and learn to know the Lord's prayer and other selected prayer.

It says in the curriculum for these christian studies that the school is an educational institution and not a missionary institution and is therefor only supposed to teach children about christianity and increase their understanding of it, but tbh, teaching kids prayers and how god created the earth sounds like missionary work to me.

Sorry bout the long rant, needed to vent.

Looking on the bright side, the fact that they need to indoctrinate so much probably means science has them on the run. They can't afford to not take every chance to cram lies into the poor kids heads.