Friend Pass Out With Irregular Heartbeats

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Friend Pass Out With Irregular Heartbeats
If I'm honest, I'm shaken up. Here we are getting food after she donated blood, she felt great was energized and ready to head out for soem fresh air. Then, she was dizzy on her own feet. I helped her sit down, and that's when she started to have an attack. She has a weak heart, and carries a tag around for it.

She went to ge tup to go to her car to get pain reliver, and then fell over out cold. I stayed calm, going over ot her shaking ehr lightly tappign ehr face and calling her name. She didn't respond. I called for help, as I didn't want to leave her, and the nursers from the blood drive came over.

I am a bit pissed as they refused to listen to me when i told them what she told me to say when she passed out. Her tag is to show she has a weak heart, and is prone to anxiety. I told them this, and they refuse to listen to me. It wasn't until after I got her tag did they bother to listen. I told them also she said to keep her awake, when she gets like that she can fall into a coma.

She kept saying to me 'Irregular heart' which they ambulance guys didn't bother to listen about, she looked beyond scared at me telling me this, which made me more scared but I handled it well at least I wasn't screaming or anything I got them what they needed and that was that. I tried to tell them, even the fucking tag says, no ambulance is required. It may be their job to stay calm, but damn ignoring me like I'm a nobody who just saw her friend pass out unresponsive is a bit harsh.

Needless to say I feel a bit drained, and annoyed, and embarrassed with how I acted so scared and shaky, basically repeating myself more then once. I wasn't in shock, just more so shaken as I was so sure I was going to lose my first real friend.

She's at home now resting, and I left also as m stomach was hurting and I was as drained as her. I just needed to get that off my chest. Embarrassment when you know you did nothing wrong is not easy, but the way she said it to me, I didn't know what to do or say back with the fear in her eyes...

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
29-03-2017, 07:59 PM
RE: Friend Pass Out With Irregular Heartbeats
Scary stuff. I hope your friend gets the help she needs. I have a friend who used to faint when he was startled. His heart would just stop and he'd lose consciousness. He had a pacemaker put in to correct that or he wouldn't be allowed to drive a car. When he was in the US Army, they made him a medic. Laugh out load
29-03-2017, 08:39 PM
You are an awesome friend. When I have anxiety attacks, it helps so so much to have someone there. I'm sure it was scary, but you being there for her probably helped a lot. You did the right thing, and mad respect for keeping calm for her.

I hope she feels better soon. It may be best that she doesn't donate blood anymore, given her heart and anxiety.

Edit: gorramit I can't rep you more.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
29-03-2017, 09:17 PM
You're a good person and your friend is lucky to have you.

Don't be too hard on the emerency crew. They're trained to make they own assessment.

I'm surprised that she donates blood with that condition. I've volunteered at those clinics and many people react poorly. It's rough on the system. I remember one football player with a bit too much swagger and a lot too little sense. Tried to get up while they were changing the bandage. Levered himself up using his recently punctured arm and popped the clot. Passed out when he saw all the blood and clipped his head on the way down. One free trip to the ER for the head trauma because he didn't have the sense to follow directions.

All's well that ends well though. That's the only part that really matters.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
29-03-2017, 10:07 PM
People often "faint" or "pass out" after donating blood... "hypovolemia". Sit down. Drink a LOT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypovolemia

A nurse buddy of mine donates blood every year, and then goes to lunch. Two years in a row, she faints in the lunch line. Third year, we say "we're bringin a wheel chair". She says "oh no, no, no" Sure as shit, she faints again. FacepalmTongue
We stick her in the chair, and take her back to her office. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Certainly a disquieting experience, and well done to you for looking after your friend. Thumbsup

With her specific medical condition, I really think the blood bank should have refused to take blood from her. Last time I donated blood, I fainted, and the nurse told me not to give blood any more.

And although we all like to be philanthropic by donating, there comes a point where it's just not a viable practice. She'd be better of by (say) donating some money to the Red Cross—or whomever runs the service in your town.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-03-2017, 04:57 PM
(29-03-2017 09:17 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You're a good person and your friend is lucky to have you.

Don't be too hard on the emerency crew. They're trained to make they own assessment.

I'm surprised that she donates blood with that condition. I've volunteered at those clinics and many people react poorly. It's rough on the system. I remember one football player with a bit too much swagger and a lot too little sense. Tried to get up while they were changing the bandage. Levered himself up using his recently punctured arm and popped the clot. Passed out when he saw all the blood and clipped his head on the way down. One free trip to the ER for the head trauma because he didn't have the sense to follow directions.

All's well that ends well though. That's the only part that really matters.

I just feel embarrassed they could hear here as well I me yet I felt the need to repeat it to them. Laugh out load I guess it was nerves talking more than anything.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin