Friend died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Friend died
I just went on FB... as one does... and I saw that a guy I used to know died. Went to uni with him. He was always a crazy, like completely crazy fucker. TBH I didn't really know him that well, I don't even know why he died, except it seems to have been after a long illness.

I'm feeling shitty now Sad I could have emailed him, could have visited him, he was living in Joburg. He was a nice guy. I didn't even know he was sick...

Fucking death Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: Friend died
(09-05-2013 01:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  I just went on FB... as one does... and I saw that a guy I used to know died. Went to uni with him. He was always a crazy, like completely crazy fucker. TBH I didn't really know him that well, I don't even know why he died, except it seems to have been after a long illness.

I'm feeling shitty now Sad I could have emailed him, could have visited him, he was living in Joburg. He was a nice guy. I didn't even know he was sick...

Fucking death Sad

Sorry to hear that. Or course you could always have done more to contact them, but they could have done more to contact you too. Don't beat yourself up.

Evolve
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
What TBD said.

That and Hug

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Sorry about that. [Image: Petting_Revamp___Smileys_by_Mirz123.gif]

But yeah, don't feel bad about not contacting him. People lose touch over time, even if they had once been really close (and you said you weren't). That's life.

I know this came out really cold, that's not how I meant it. Just wanted to say, don't bring guilt into the equation. It does no good to anyone.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah. Not feeling guilty per se. Just... I dunno why but it's hitting me pretty hard.
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
(09-05-2013 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah. Not feeling guilty per se. Just... I dunno why but it's hitting me pretty hard.

There is a big difference between someone passing away who is much older than you of something other than an accident, and someone your own age.

You are facing the fact that even at a young age, you are mortal.

Evolve
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Morondog.

A death, even of someone not personally known, can trigger thoughts of our own demise and/or of the precious time we have. It's not at all unusual to feel kind of fucked up especially if it's someone, though not still close, you once had some crazy times with.

Take all the time you need to reflect on times well spent with your crazy friend. And then, take some time and just enjoy where you are.

Heart

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
What BD said. Also, it's usually so unexpected. Not trying to bring this around to me, not at all, but I remember my reaction when a childhood friend (next-door neighbour, actually), had cancer. It was one of the most severe shocks I've ever had, not because I was afraid it might happen to me, but because it was just so... unexpected and because I've known her all my life... (She beat it, btw.)

Difficult to explain, really. But I think your reaction is pretty normal. Sadly, things like this happen and death is part of life Sad x

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I would be worried if you posted about a friend dying and you were not affected. That is not normal.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
[Image: sympathy.jpg]

Hug

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post