Friend needs feedback on his work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Friend needs feedback on his work
A friend of mine made this some years ago, he's not a professional and he just wants some feedback on it. He'd like to know if anyone enjoys it.

It's mostly rough sketches, but the focus is on the story and that's what he's mostly interested in.

Here it is.

And if you can't get it there you can get it here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time Smile

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I had no idea where to post it)

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Friend needs feedback on his work
(03-04-2014 04:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  A friend of mine made this some years ago, he's not a professional and he just wants some feedback on it. He'd like to know if anyone enjoys it.

It's mostly rough sketches, but the focus is on the story and that's what he's mostly interested in.

Here it is.

I get security warnings up the yazoo with the first link, and nothing but "your browser needs updating" on the second one. Undecided

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
(03-04-2014 06:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 04:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  A friend of mine made this some years ago, he's not a professional and he just wants some feedback on it. He'd like to know if anyone enjoys it.

Here it is.

I get security warnings up the yazoo with the first link, and nothing but "your browser needs updating" on the second one. Undecided

The first one is iTunes... Methinks your antivirus has dementia. What AV are you using?

The second one does require a modern browser. Being that you're like 500, I'm guessing you're using internet explorer. Probably version 6 or something. Laughat
Go download chrome from Google.

I'm downloading the PDF now. I'll report back once I've viewed it.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-04-2014, 11:23 AM
(03-04-2014 07:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 06:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I get security warnings up the yazoo with the first link, and nothing but "your browser needs updating" on the second one. Undecided

The first one is iTunes... Methinks your antivirus has dementia. What AV are you using?

Using AVG

Quote:The second one does require a modern browser. Being that you're like 500, I'm guessing you're using internet explorer. Probably version 6 or something. Laughat

Yea, so I'm like 500.... what about it punk. Angry Um, I am on IE, tho not sure which version. Last time I downloaded Chrome it changed my homepage and screwed up everything, I had to do a system restore to get rid of it, so I'm a bit gun shy about it. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-04-2014, 11:28 AM
(03-04-2014 11:23 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 07:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The first one is iTunes... Methinks your antivirus has dementia. What AV are you using?

Using AVG

Quote:The second one does require a modern browser. Being that you're like 500, I'm guessing you're using internet explorer. Probably version 6 or something. Laughat

Yea, so I'm like 500.... what about it punk. Angry Um, I am on IE, tho not sure which version. Last time I downloaded Chrome it changed my homepage and screwed up everything, I had to do a system restore to get rid of it, so I'm a bit gun shy about it. Blush

Teehee!! I love you. Now I'm not the only one. My cousin downloaded some crap on my computer back when it still worked. When he left I did a restore system to 'and the date of the day before'
I like my internet explorer, because it's familiar.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-04-2014, 11:30 AM

Here it is.

The second one says page address is invalid. And that is from safari not internet explorer itsnotmeitsyou. And do not even consider calling me old!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-04-2014, 11:32 AM
(03-04-2014 11:28 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 11:23 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Using AVG

Teehee!! I love you. Now I'm not the only one. My cousin downloaded some crap on my computer back when it still worked. When he left I did a restore system to 'and the date of the day before'
I like my internet explorer, because it's familiar.

Chrome and Firefox are far superior browsers, you just have to get used to them!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
03-04-2014, 11:33 AM
(03-04-2014 11:30 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Here it is.

The second one says page address is invalid. And that is from safari not internet explorer itsnotmeitsyou. And do not even consider calling me old!

Both work for me but then again I am using Chrome!Tongue

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
(03-04-2014 11:33 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 11:30 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  The second one says page address is invalid. And that is from safari not internet explorer itsnotmeitsyou. And do not even consider calling me old!

Both work for me but then again I am using Chrome!Tongue

Well I am on my phone so safari is the only option I have.

03-04-2014, 11:47 AM
(03-04-2014 11:23 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 07:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The first one is iTunes... Methinks your antivirus has dementia. What AV are you using?

Using AVG
Huh, I've seen AVG go a little crazy on what it considers dangerous, but never for something like iTunes... possibly just a temporary glitch, I'd need to look at it to be sure.
Quote:

Do I have to come to Florida to teach your ancient ass how to use technology? Tongue

While you're installing it, make sure you read everything and uncheck anything that says it's going to changed something. i.e. "install google toolbar for IE" or "set google as your homepage" You should do this for EVERY bit of software you install or update. So many of those stupid toolbars and "helpers" get auto installed when you install something like Adobe Reader or Java.

Here. Click on this.

I hosted it on my dropbox account so you can download it.

undergroundp, I've read it and have some comments for you, but I have errands to run and don't want to rush through my comments. I promise I'll type them out when I'm home.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister