Friend with Guillain-Barre Syndrome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Friend with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
I wanted to make a post to share an incredible story of a friend of mine. He currently suffers from Guillain-Barre Syndrome which if you're not familiar, is a rare disease that causes rapid-onset limb weakness and paralysis. It affects the peripheral nervous system. I'm sure Nurse can chime in with corrections or additional info if needed Smile . Anyways my friend was hit with this disease about a year ago and spent 10 months bound to a hospital bed, paralyzed. During his hospital stay he was making little recovery progress so he decided to leave and go home. Once he got home and with the help of many professionals started working on recovery. Since comings home he is now able to stand, walk a few steps, dress and bathe himself, and use a fork and pen. He is slowly but surely getting better and is a great fighter of this disease.

Local news site where he is from posted an article online about him.
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2015/05...e-disorder

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
04-05-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Friend with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
It must have taken a colossal amount of determination from him and his therapists to get so far. All the best to your friend.
04-05-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Friend with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
(04-05-2015 11:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  It must have taken a colossal amount of determination from him and his therapists to get so far. All the best to your friend.

Thanks and yes it has, through it all though he still manages to smile and enjoy his life which is just incredible.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze