Friends With Benefits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Friends With Benefits
I watched this last night. It's actually a pretty decent romantic comedy. And I never miss an opportunity to look at Mila Kunis for 2 hours. I give it a 3/5 in terms of romantic comedies. It would have been a 4/5 had the acting been a little better and without the frequent melodrama. For comparison I consider romantic comedies like Something's Gotta Give a 5/5. Another 3/5 for me would be What Happens In Vegas.

Watch this movie if you get the chance. It's funny and it's Mila.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: Friends With Benefits
(20-03-2012 03:29 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I watched this last night. It's actually a pretty decent romantic comedy. And I never miss an opportunity to look at Mila Kunis for 2 hours. I give it a 3/5 in terms of romantic comedies. It would have been a 4/5 had the acting been a little better and without the frequent melodrama. For comparison I consider romantic comedies like Something's Gotta Give a 5/5. Another 3/5 for me would be What Happens In Vegas.

No Strings Attached was first and a lot funnier. The acting was horrible in FWB.

2/5

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-03-2012, 03:35 PM
(20-03-2012 03:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 03:29 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I watched this last night. It's actually a pretty decent romantic comedy. And I never miss an opportunity to look at Mila Kunis for 2 hours. I give it a 3/5 in terms of romantic comedies. It would have been a 4/5 had the acting been a little better and without the frequent melodrama. For comparison I consider romantic comedies like Something's Gotta Give a 5/5. Another 3/5 for me would be What Happens In Vegas.

No Strings Attached was first and a lot funnier. The acting was horrible in FWB.

2/5

I didn't really find it a lot funnier but did think the acting was better. And it was less dramatic. It's a close 4/5 for me.

FYI my Rom Com scale goes up to 5 stars but a 5 star comedy isn't the same as a 5 star thriller or drama.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
20-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I haven't watched either movie, and I won't likely.

Still I remember seeing the ads for Friends and thinking... didn't that movie just come out on dvd? It used to be that a hollywood movie would come out an be followed by two or three b movie quality rip offs, but now it seems that hollywood wants all the profit so they rip themselves off.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Lol. I think I remember you two guys having a bit of friendly banter the other day about "you know how I know your gay"

Here you now are discussing romantic comedies, you even have a ranking system and everything.

Do you know how I know the pair of you are gay?

(apologies if it wasn't you, still pretty funny though.)

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
21-03-2012, 07:12 AM
(20-03-2012 06:10 PM)Eternal Wrote:  Lol. I think I remember you two guys having a bit of friendly banter the other day about "you know how I know your gay"

Here you now are discussing romantic comedies, you even have a ranking system and everything.

Do you know how I know the pair of you are gay?

(apologies if it wasn't you, still pretty funny though.)

It's called wives.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
21-03-2012, 07:43 AM
(21-03-2012 07:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's called wives.

I know, I have one. Still amusing though.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche