Friends don't let friends vote Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Friends don't let friends vote Trump
Just found out yesterday another buddy of mine can’t stand Hillary and is considering voting for Trump. This is an intelligent guy, same background as mine, similar likes and dislikes. Shit, we’ve even vacationed together.

Anyway after a brief discussion I think we may have convinced him to either vote 3rd party or not vote at all for POTUS. I don’t know what he’ll do but I’m very alarmed. The only positive is that we were very cordial and calm.

Any of you have similar stories? How did the conversation go? Are you still on speaking terms?

I can’t wait for this election to be over.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Friends don't let friends vote Trump
Quote:I can’t wait for this election to be over.

Bit like childbirth, months of increasing discomfort then a lot of pain (for some)?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
22-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Um, no. I have neighbors that I have avoided for about a month now. The only cordial conversation is about any other topic Smile
22-10-2016, 09:21 AM
I don't generally discuss politics IRL. Too many people get rabid in a hurry. There is one guy in my wood carving class who has been advocating for Trump for quite awhile. Last Thursday the topic came up, and he admitted that Trump doesn't have the background or temperament to be president. Nobody else in the class says much about their choice, which leads me to think they're voting for Hillary or 3rd party.
22-10-2016, 09:38 AM
I've got a coworker in Canada that is also a US citizen and voting for Trump by absentee ballot. I've tried to have the 3rd party conversation, but he's stuck on the lesser evil mentality.

'Murican Canadian
22-10-2016, 11:15 AM
It's sort of like "Shit or go blind".

There is no good choice.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-10-2016, 12:10 PM
(22-10-2016 09:21 AM)Fireball Wrote:  I don't generally discuss politics IRL. Too many people get rabid in a hurry. There is one guy in my wood carving class who has been advocating for Trump for quite awhile. Last Thursday the topic came up, and he admitted that Trump doesn't have the background or temperament to be president. Nobody else in the class says much about their choice, which leads me to think they're voting for Hillary or 3rd party.

I think that is where the neighbor is, but I'm not going to find out. : chicken icon: Smile
He tries not to swear and although he is sexist, not a nasty thing about women has been spoken in my presence. That alone would lead me to believe he has abandoned Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
22-10-2016, 12:19 PM
I went to Hillary's Facebook page and it has a spot in the middle of the page that tells you how many of your Facebook friends have liked her page. Mine said "Aunt Betty and 16 other friends like this." Mostly friends from High School in California.

It now says "0 friends like this." Blocked them all. Even ol' Aunt Betty.

Over on Trump's page "77 of your friends like this." Mostly military buddies and family. Guess I'm surrounded by good peeps.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Drumpf offers simple solutions for complex problems. Stupid people love that.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
22-10-2016, 12:25 PM
My Parents and (childhood) Neighbors are all voting Trump. I even built what I thought sound argument. Doesn't matter. Everyone made up their minds before the debts. And it hadn't changed. Both side saw their side being the best. I just have to look on with that sicking pit in my stomach.

Is it to late to put Bernie back on the ballot?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post