Friends don't let friends vote Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Friends don't let friends vote Trump
(22-10-2016 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I went to Hillary's Facebook page and it has a spot in the middle of the page that tells you how many of your Facebook friends have liked her page. Mine said "Aunt Betty and 16 other friends like this." Mostly friends from High School in California.

It now says "0 friends like this." Blocked them all. Even ol' Aunt Betty.

Over on Trump's page "77 of your friends like this." Mostly military buddies and family. Guess I'm surrounded by good peeps.

That was a great idea, I did the same except of course I blocked 11 of 13 people I friended that liked the Chump page, thanks for the heads up. Thumbsup

The 2 I kept were for sentimental reasons.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-10-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 12:36 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(22-10-2016 12:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I went to Hillary's Facebook page and it has a spot in the middle of the page that tells you how many of your Facebook friends have liked her page. Mine said "Aunt Betty and 16 other friends like this." Mostly friends from High School in California.

It now says "0 friends like this." Blocked them all. Even ol' Aunt Betty.

Over on Trump's page "77 of your friends like this." Mostly military buddies and family. Guess I'm surrounded by good peeps.

That was a great idea, I did the same except of course I blocked 11 of 13 people I friended that liked the Chump page, thanks for the heads up. Thumbsup

Couldn't delete your parents right? j/k

Now if we could only do this in public. Like everyone wears a button on their shirt, so we know who to avoid forever.

It feels worse now than it ever has before. Partisan politics is dividing us even more. I've never seen it this bad. We are truly divided.

Will there ever be a common ground again? Or are we destined to split into two countries, or maybe even a war?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-10-2016, 12:39 PM
(22-10-2016 12:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 12:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That was a great idea, I did the same except of course I blocked 11 of 13 people I friended that liked the Chump page, thanks for the heads up. Thumbsup

Now if we could only do this in public. Like everyone wears a button on their shirt, so we know who to avoid forever.

It feels worse now than it ever has before. Partisan politics is dividing us even more. I've never seen it this bad. We are truly divided.

Will there ever be a common ground again? Or are we destined to split into two countries, or maybe even a war?

Oh for fucks sake, this is America. Two months after the election the news cycles will be nothing but Kardashians again. Never mind the bollocks.

Stupid fucking country anyway. I need a drink. Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
22-10-2016, 01:12 PM
(22-10-2016 12:39 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 12:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Now if we could only do this in public. Like everyone wears a button on their shirt, so we know who to avoid forever.

Oh for fucks sake, this is America. Two months after the election the news cycles will be nothing but Kardashians again. Never mind the bollocks.

Stupid fucking country anyway. I need a drink. Dodgy

Go take a sledge hammer to some concrete, instead!
22-10-2016, 01:36 PM
(22-10-2016 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  My Parents and (childhood) Neighbors are all voting Trump. I even built what I thought sound argument.
I'd say you ought to focus on building a wall, between your house and your neighbors. I'm sure Trump has a wall around his house.
22-10-2016, 01:54 PM
(22-10-2016 12:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Drumpf offers simple solutions for complex problems. Stupid people love that.
I was going to correct you by saying that he offers simple solutions for simple people, but I don't think Trump offers any solutions, he just makes assertions. States end goals but generally doesn't show how any proposed policies will get there.

From reading through the debate transcripts it doesn't seem that much talk has been with regards to policies or how those are supposed to work.

Lots of personal attacks, lots of deflection, but not much on actual policies.

Hillary said she would tweak Affordable Health Care, but I didn't see any explanation on what she would tweak. Trump said he would do away with AHC and assumes the insurance companies fighting over the customer's business would somehow make healthcare affordable.

From looking at the fact checker, it seems almost everything Trump says is an outright lie, gross exaggeration or quite plainly a gross misunderstanding by Trump, to either understand the question or the issue.

It really seems that Trump is an egotist, values his opinion far higher than the Intelligence agencies and those closer and more experienced with foreign affairs, is pandering to the fears of many and to the strong religious views (anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage). He doesn't appear to have much of a grasp on anything really, but the religious folk and many gun folk (I assume) and those that blame immigrants for taking jobs and creating crime these people are swallowing up his assertions and not caring about facts or how Trump can make his assertions come true.

But anyway, if I am to assume that the American people are no more stupid then people in other countries, I think seeing this huge support fro Trump shows that America is a very fractured and struggling society, that many are calling for drastic and desperate measures.

Whoever wins this election, I think they really need to address the internal state of their own county. America seems to have fallen on desperate times.
22-10-2016, 01:55 PM
(22-10-2016 12:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 12:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That was a great idea, I did the same except of course I blocked 11 of 13 people I friended that liked the Chump page, thanks for the heads up. Thumbsup

Couldn't delete your parents right? j/k

Let’s not go overboard here. I’ve said I think that there will be some fist fights at some of the polling places but that’s a long way from war.

As for my parents I was happy to see they weren’t there, if fact none of my family which surprised me. Thumbsup

The 11 were at best distant acquaintances, people who send you a friend request because they met you once or some such thing, not like they were my aunt or anything. Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-10-2016, 02:03 PM
(22-10-2016 09:38 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got a coworker in Canada that is also a US citizen and voting for Trump by absentee ballot. I've tried to have the 3rd party conversation, but he's stuck on the lesser evil mentality.

It boggles the mind that anybody could consider Trump to be the lesser evil in any situation.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-10-2016, 02:21 PM
(22-10-2016 02:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 09:38 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got a coworker in Canada that is also a US citizen and voting for Trump by absentee ballot. I've tried to have the 3rd party conversation, but he's stuck on the lesser evil mentality.

It boggles the mind that anybody could consider Trump to be the lesser evil in any situation.

To a lot of people, trade deals, jobs, abortion, gun rights, illegal immigration and the ACA are VERY important issues. Hillary's positions on these issues are the very reason Trump has support.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-10-2016, 02:27 PM
(22-10-2016 02:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 02:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It boggles the mind that anybody could consider Trump to be the lesser evil in any situation.

To a lot of people, trade deals, jobs, abortion, gun rights, illegal immigration and the ACA are VERY important issues. Hillary's positions on these issues are the very reason Trump has support.

If you think Trump has any understanding of those issues or any ability to make reasoned decisions about them you are fooling yourself. I expect Clinton would make many decisions that I would disagree with but Trump doesn't give a fuck about any of it as long as he's getting the spotlight. He is absolutely unqualified for the job in experience, temperament, and ability.

A Clinton presidency I expect to be a net negative but one that can be recovered from fairly quickly. A Trump presidency I expect to simply be a disaster that will set this country back decades.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post