Friends don't let friends vote Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: Friends don't let friends vote Trump
My father may vote Trump, he's not sure. And over on the Catholic forum I mod on, that TTA serves as a haven from, for me? Trump is leading in the unofficial poll heavily and the rhetoric is just vicious. Democrats can't be Catholic, Catholic Democrats need to be excommunicated, Catholic Democrats need to be denied funeral Mass, Catholic Democrats want to gleefully massacre the unborn by the millions, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Hi,

I'm waiting til' after Nov 8th to post on this one. Drinking Beverage

D.
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2016, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 03:30 PM by Chas.)
(22-10-2016 12:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I went to Hillary's Facebook page and it has a spot in the middle of the page that tells you how many of your Facebook friends have liked her page. Mine said "Aunt Betty and 16 other friends like this." Mostly friends from High School in California.

It now says "0 friends like this." Blocked them all. Even ol' Aunt Betty.

Over on Trump's page "77 of your friends like this." Mostly military buddies and family. Guess I'm surrounded by good peeps.

That was a great idea, I did the same except of course I blocked 11 of 13 people I friended that liked the Chump page, thanks for the heads up. Thumbsup

The 2 I kept were for sentimental reasons.

Where is this alleged spot? I don't see no stinkin' spot.

Never mind, wrong page. How many fucking Hillary Clinton Facebook pages are there? Facepalm

Interestingly, 4 friends like the Clinton page and 4 like the Trump page. Consider

One of the Trumpettes was a surprise - an old girlfriend who I thought was a feminist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2016, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 05:28 PM by yakherder.)
2 like the Hillary page and 4 like the Trump page, and the breakdown is interesting.

One of my friends who likes the Hillary page is a Mormon whom I know for a fact dislikes both her and trump and will be voting for neither. The other is a Greek Canadian who definitely supports her over Trump, but still doesn't necessarily express enthusiasm over her.

Out of the 4 who like the Trump page...
One is a college aged Iraqi Canadian who despises the Clintons, and once showed me with some pride the football given to him in Iraq by a US soldier which he still keeps.
Another is a Mexican American I used to work with back in Las Vegas who is an outspoken Trump supporter.
The third is a guy in my unit who speaks in support of Trump on occasion but says he's voting for Johnson.
The fourth is a First Nation (native, aboriginal, whatever you want to call it) Canadian, a defensive tactics instructor for Ontario law enforcement who has also worked in Africa, who doesn't really like Trump, but generally leans conservative and likes to point out flaws in some of the attacks on Trump.

In my opinion, none of the above fit the various stereotypes very well Tongue

'Murican Canadian
22-10-2016, 06:23 PM
(22-10-2016 01:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Whoever wins this election, I think they really need to address the internal state of their own county. America seems to have fallen on desperate times.

Desperate times? Please! People live (on average) longer, happier, and healthier lives than they ever have in human history, and with much less manual labor to boot. A chief national health concern is that people have too much to eat.

Desperate times? Sure. I long to return to that golden age when you either worked yourself to death by age forty-five in a foundery for chump change or worked yourself to death by age twelve on a farm by falling into a thresher or being kicked in the head by a mule for... nothing.

Ah, the good old days! Things sure are no longer as good as they eusta bee!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
22-10-2016, 06:47 PM
(22-10-2016 02:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My father may vote Trump, he's not sure. And over on the Catholic forum I mod on, that TTA serves as a haven from, for me? Trump is leading in the unofficial poll heavily and the rhetoric is just vicious. Democrats can't be Catholic, Catholic Democrats need to be excommunicated, Catholic Democrats need to be denied funeral Mass, Catholic Democrats want to gleefully massacre the unborn by the millions, etc.

No wonder you hang around here, that other place sounds like a front row seat at an inquisition.

[Image: stake.jpg]

Seriously SH, how do you balance what you read there with what you read here?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-10-2016, 07:28 PM
FB stats:
22 friends like Hillary
15 friends like Trump

I think, in general, the Hillary supporters are very quiet. We have evidence in a story posted above as to why. They are afraid of the backlash and hate they might face. Someone replied on a forum I frequent that they removed their Hillary bumper sticker after a Trump supporter tailgated her for miles, then drove up next to her and flipped the bird, then tried to pull in front of her and stop abruptly (how she saw his Trump stickers).

The hate I am seeing is downright scary. It's like these people have been living under rocks just waiting for any excuse to spew hate for women, gays, immigrants, etc. and to show their love for the Jim Crow era. Trump is their excuse.
22-10-2016, 08:13 PM
(22-10-2016 02:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My father may vote Trump, he's not sure. And over on the Catholic forum I mod on, that TTA serves as a haven from, for me? Trump is leading in the unofficial poll heavily and the rhetoric is just vicious. Democrats can't be Catholic, Catholic Democrats need to be excommunicated, Catholic Democrats need to be denied funeral Mass, Catholic Democrats want to gleefully massacre the unborn by the millions, etc.

And people wonder why I hate fucking catholicks.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Friends don't let friends vote Trump
(22-10-2016 08:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

And people wonder why I hate fucking catholicks.

I thought you were just butt hurt from your childhood alter boy extracurricular duties.
22-10-2016, 09:29 PM
(22-10-2016 06:23 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 01:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Whoever wins this election, I think they really need to address the internal state of their own county. America seems to have fallen on desperate times.

Desperate times? Please! People live (on average) longer, happier, and healthier lives than they ever have in human history, and with much less manual labor to boot. A chief national health concern is that people have too much to eat.
Well, I don't live over there, never even visited USA, I'm just trying to rationalise why peeps are voting for Trump who is clearly a looney.