Friends don't let friends vote Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 10:52 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: Friends don't let friends vote Trump
(22-10-2016 09:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 06:23 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Desperate times? Please! People live (on average) longer, happier, and healthier lives than they ever have in human history, and with much less manual labor to boot. A chief national health concern is that people have too much to eat.
Well, I don't live over there, never even visited USA, I'm just trying to rationalise why peeps are voting for Trump who is clearly a looney.

Because they think Trump is anti-establishment, he gives the illusion of being anti-establishment when in reality he's merely just saying provocative things to pander to voters. He's on the side of the rich since he wants to give them more tax cuts, and he wants to deregulate Wall Street. He's a friend of the very people he accuses Clinton of dealing with, and there's no way you can trust anyone who claims to be anti-establishment that says "I'll make the wealthy more powerful!". People will rationalize this because they don't want to admit they have no options.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
23-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Just realized, my cousin's husband, the Baptist minister is voting Trump as well. Keeps defending him in my posts on Facebook, to the point where I post most of my political stuff on a List he's not part of. Recently he tried to defend Trump about the sexual assault comments Trump made (and the accusations made against him) by pointing to Bill Clinton's actions. My reply was rather curt, pointing out that he should realize, as a minister, that two wrongs aren't supposed to make a right. Nor was Clinton running for office currently, nor did he run on a "family values" platform, etc.

(22-10-2016 06:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 02:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My father may vote Trump, he's not sure. And over on the Catholic forum I mod on, that TTA serves as a haven from, for me? Trump is leading in the unofficial poll heavily and the rhetoric is just vicious. Democrats can't be Catholic, Catholic Democrats need to be excommunicated, Catholic Democrats need to be denied funeral Mass, Catholic Democrats want to gleefully massacre the unborn by the millions, etc.

No wonder you hang around here, that other place sounds like a front row seat at an inquisition.

[Image: stake.jpg]

Seriously SH, how do you balance what you read there with what you read here?

I've seen some of the folks there defend the Inquisition as preventing greater harm... Consider (No, that was not a joke, emoticon aside.)

Well one method of balancing is that people's opinions are opinions, no matter the source. Though you probably meant the whole verifiable facts thing...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
23-10-2016, 03:30 PM
(22-10-2016 09:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 06:23 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Desperate times? Please! People live (on average) longer, happier, and healthier lives than they ever have in human history, and with much less manual labor to boot. A chief national health concern is that people have too much to eat.
Well, I don't live over there, never even visited USA, I'm just trying to rationalise why peeps are voting for Trump who is clearly a looney.

It's the culture. Facts don't matter so long as my feelings that it's all somebody else's fault get validated.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
23-10-2016, 03:41 PM
(23-10-2016 02:20 PM)‘Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 06:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Seriously SH, how do you balance what you read there with what you read here?

I've seen some of the folks there defend the Inquisition as preventing greater harm... Consider (No, that was not a joke, emoticon aside.)

Well one method of balancing is that people's opinions are opinions, no matter the source. Though you probably meant the whole verifiable facts thing...

Not at all, set the “whole verifiable facts thing” aside. What I mean with the question, “How do you balance what you read there with what you read here?” is in regard to how self-identified Christians can be no better, and perhaps worse in treating their fellow human beings than us atheists (who are by their account destined to hell)?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-10-2016, 08:03 PM
(23-10-2016 03:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:20 PM)‘Shai Hulud Wrote:  I've seen some of the folks there defend the Inquisition as preventing greater harm... Consider (No, that was not a joke, emoticon aside.)

Not at all, set the “whole verifiable facts thing” aside. What I mean with the question, “How do you balance what you read there with what you read here?” is in regard to how self-identified Christians can be no better, and perhaps worse in treating their fellow human beings than us atheists (who are by their account destined to hell)?

Hmm interesting thought there. Really I'd not thought of it much along those lines; some of the nicest folks I know are either Neo Pagans who worship multiple gods, or atheists who don't believe in any. Likewise, stretching back to my youth, most of the biggest jerks I know are Christians, something not helped by working Sundays in undergrad in the fast food industry. (One of the reasons I refuse to ever put anything on my car relating to my faith is that I know I'd make it look bad at times; the guy with the Jesus fish is always the biggest asshole driver.)

23-10-2016, 09:32 PM
(23-10-2016 08:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 03:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not at all, set the “whole verifiable facts thing” aside. What I mean with the question, “How do you balance what you read there with what you read here?” is in regard to how self-identified Christians can be no better, and perhaps worse in treating their fellow human beings than us atheists (who are by their account destined to hell)?

Hmm interesting thought there. Really I'd not thought of it much along those lines; some of the nicest folks I know are either Neo Pagans who worship multiple gods, or atheists who don't believe in any. Likewise, stretching back to my youth, most of the biggest jerks I know are Christians, something not helped by working Sundays in undergrad in the fast food industry. (One of the reasons I refuse to ever put anything on my car relating to my faith is that I know I'd make it look bad at times; the guy with the Jesus fish is always the biggest asshole driver.)

I hereby award you the Honorary Degree of Atheist. Congratulations and welcome!
Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2016, 10:38 PM
(22-10-2016 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I went to Hillary's Facebook page and it has a spot in the middle of the page that tells you how many of your Facebook friends have liked her page. Mine said "Aunt Betty and 16 other friends like this." Mostly friends from High School in California.

It now says "0 friends like this." Blocked them all. Even ol' Aunt Betty.

Over on Trump's page "77 of your friends like this." Mostly military buddies and family. Guess I'm surrounded by good peeps.

Way to go dipshit.

[Image: echo-chamber.png?w=471&h=280]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2016, 12:07 AM
[Image: d61c7f0ff2d2ee8365381c9bfcfd22aba3ba9bec...;amp;h=406]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2016, 11:10 AM
(23-10-2016 09:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 08:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hmm interesting thought there. Really I'd not thought of it much along those lines; some of the nicest folks I know are either Neo Pagans who worship multiple gods, or atheists who don't believe in any. Likewise, stretching back to my youth, most of the biggest jerks I know are Christians, something not helped by working Sundays in undergrad in the fast food industry. (One of the reasons I refuse to ever put anything on my car relating to my faith is that I know I'd make it look bad at times; the guy with the Jesus fish is always the biggest asshole driver.)

I hereby award you the Honorary Degree of Atheist. Congratulations and welcome!
Angel

While I thank you for your kindness and magnanimity in offering me this honorary degree, I kind of feel that I'm not worthy... Smartass Though somewhat on the topic; LDH mentioned how he blocked his Hillary supporting friends; just saw a Trump fan on FB do the "See who your friends have all Liked and post it" thing, and she had like 30 for Trump, 20ish for Johnson, 0 for Stein, and then "2 for Hillary; I pray for their souls".