Friendship Evangelism Target

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Friendship Evangelism Target
Thanks everyone for commenting on this. I've known Jess for a long time. When we first met she was a lesbian and in a committed relationship. Then she found Jesus and prayed the gay away. I actually liked Jess a whole lot better before.

I'm not a terribly social person anyway. I'm introverted and prefer a quiet evening at home alone, so I'm not looking to make more friends. I'm hoping I will bore Jess and she'll decide to try evangelizing someone else. The suggestion of setting a firm boundary is a good one. Actually, all of your suggestions have been helpful.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like atheiststill's post
09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
EDIT: I was gonna respond with some hilarious witticism as is my wont but then realized which section I was in.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-01-2014, 03:05 PM
(08-01-2014 06:05 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I used number 1 with my Aunt. Who loved to point to a beautiful sunset and tell me God painted that picture.

Or talk about the miracle of life and how credible making a baby is. Finally I just tired of it. The next time I saw her, the news was on and it was the disaster in japan that killed some 200,000 people. I turned to her and said, yeah, god did that. I guess he can't always make sunsets and rainbows....need some diversity!

She stopped with the wonder of god comments when I gave her the other side of it. She talked about the miracle of life, I talked about pediatric bone cancer.

Ahah! Vindication! LOL. I guess it wasn't an original idea when I said it. Nice going.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
13-01-2014, 03:48 PM
(08-01-2014 12:14 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Why not just tell her what turned you to atheism and tell her you have no interest in returning? A real friend would leave it alone and respect your wishes.
yep. Thumbsup

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
14-01-2014, 06:18 PM
(08-01-2014 10:16 PM)atheiststill Wrote:  I've known Jess for a long time. When we first met she was a lesbian and in a committed relationship. Then she found Jesus and prayed the gay away. I actually liked Jess a whole lot better before.

Perhaps then she's trying to convince you as a way of convincing herself.

She may be able to repress her homosexuality but she won't be to change who she fundamentally is.

Tell her how animals can also be gay and find out about theories as to why it occurs as part of a natural process. With any luck you may be able to get her to accept herself.

If nothing else, it will stop her trying to evangelise because it will be a sore point for her.