Fringe Science Family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Fringe Science Family
Hi y{all} I'd like to tell you all that my family is intolerant of my views. And heh heh I know what you're thinkin', "He's blabbering on about what we all go through..." Well, as I must tell you lads and lasses, they are no ordinary bigots - my family. They are pseudoscience believers. What is strange about these such beliefs is that they are somewhat compatible with real science. And! They do add in very well...
However, lades and gents, these pseudoevidence beliefs are a branches of unknown origin, meaning they'll all agree with you until the true science kicks in. By that I mean the not so obvious. As you can well imagine, boys and girls, the main difference between real science and their (fake) science is that they won't all agree with the same things and that's what makes them like religions. More specifically, denominations of the same religion. They know this and will never admit it, but they use fact that they don't agree with outside views as a reason to believe in somethings that are downright false. For example, my sister most vehemently argues that "no one can prove dinosaurs exist" and my brother and my sister argues that people (even non-theists and nonreligious ones) choose to believe it (and other scientific facts just like it that she and him call false) just to believe in something. When if it was up to me, we would have always been this awesome (and woesome). But, I'm just believing it to have something to believe in right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: Fringe Science Family
Hmm, so you kind of have a mini-cult on your hands... congrats, some people would consider you lucky if a disagreement on dino existence is all you have to deal with.

[Image: 004.sig]
13-11-2015, 04:54 PM
(13-11-2015 01:54 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Hmm, so you kind of have a mini-cult on your hands... congrats, some people would consider you lucky if a disagreement on dino existence is all you have to deal with.

Hm you may be right. But I think that they disagree with more than I think. Stuff like different races (haplogroups i guess) of humans could have evolved from a different animal millions of years ago.
13-11-2015, 05:01 PM
(13-11-2015 04:54 PM)Thadd Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 01:54 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Hmm, so you kind of have a mini-cult on your hands... congrats, some people would consider you lucky if a disagreement on dino existence is all you have to deal with.

Hm you may be right. But I think that they disagree with more than I think. Stuff like different races (haplogroups i guess) of humans could have evolved from a different animal millions of years ago.

You've got to be joking. Facepalm

They have no knowledge of genetics, obviously. That one is easily shown to be ludicrous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Ignorance this deep is hard to fight

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-11-2015, 06:37 PM
(13-11-2015 01:38 AM)Thadd Wrote:  For example, my sister most vehemently argues that "no one can prove dinosaurs exist" ....
This one's actually pretty easy. Forget the fossils and such. Just take her to one of those parks where an old man or woman sits on the bench feeding the pigeons.
(And no, I'm not referring to the old person as a dinosaur. Tongue)

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]