From Atheist to Atheistic-Satanism to Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
From Atheist to Atheistic-Satanism to Atheism
Well, a quick story of my 'path of faith' Lol. My mother being Agnostic, I wasn't influenced by Religion in any way, I was able to pass on indoctrination, I remember doing jigsaw puzzles with my grandmother from a kids bible or something like that, I never really believed in it, I was that one kid that bursted everyones bubble on Santa and things like that. I decided to read the Bible, interesting enough, I took a big interest in Lucifer (The Keeper of Light/Barer of Light) I delved into Satanism to find that Lucifer was literally one of the most sympathetic people in the Bible, with only doing one thing, in the story of Job, with Gods permission as he was trying to make a hypothetical point.

I considered Lucifer over God, in Theistic terms, but I never believed in Theology, I followed the Philosophies of Anton Levay, Marilyn Manson, Aleister Crowley, etc.

In Religious debates I'd use both Atheism and Satanism in my arguments, Satanism to contradict the Bible, and Atheism to do that, and provide reason and logic.

Oh, the names Logan btw.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: From Atheist to Atheistic-Satanism to Atheism
Welcome to TTA; enjoy your stay. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
We've got a couple of folks around here like you. Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
(07-12-2012 07:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've got a couple of folks around here like you. Welcome!
That's actually really great to hear!
08-12-2012, 01:20 AM
(07-12-2012 03:59 PM)Goat of Mendes Wrote:  Well, a quick story of my 'path of faith' Lol. My mother being Agnostic, I wasn't influenced by Religion in any way, I was able to pass on indoctrination, I remember doing jigsaw puzzles with my grandmother from a kids bible or something like that, I never really believed in it, I was that one kid that bursted everyones bubble on Santa and things like that. I decided to read the Bible, interesting enough, I took a big interest in Lucifer (The Keeper of Light/Barer of Light) I delved into Satanism to find that Lucifer was literally one of the most sympathetic people in the Bible, with only doing one thing, in the story of Job, with Gods permission as he was trying to make a hypothetical point.

I considered Lucifer over God, in Theistic terms, but I never believed in Theology, I followed the Philosophies of Anton Levay, Marilyn Manson, Aleister Crowley, etc.

In Religious debates I'd use both Atheism and Satanism in my arguments, Satanism to contradict the Bible, and Atheism to do that, and provide reason and logic.

Oh, the names Logan btw.

Logan!
Finally another Satanist, I have to warn you, the atheists here dont tend to like us too much, of course I also dont tend to like them too much, haha. I am also a Satanist in the LaVeyan tradition. I am an explorer and love to read and research so I spend hours on end reading articles, essays, books, mesage forums and whatever else I can get my hands on learning new information and ideas to refine myself and my beliefs/practices, I find that even if I think I know everything or am doing things just right in that moment, there is always improvement to be had, these people seem to see that as contradiction and confusion but thats ok.
Welcome to the forums!
08-12-2012, 03:13 AM
(08-12-2012 01:20 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Finally another Satanist, I have to warn you, the atheists here dont tend to like us too much, of course I also dont tend to like them too much, haha. I am also a Satanist in the LaVeyan tradition. I am an explorer and love to read and research so I spend hours on end reading articles, essays, books, mesage forums and whatever else I can get my hands on learning new information and ideas to refine myself and my beliefs/practices, I find that even if I think I know everything or am doing things just right in that moment, there is always improvement to be had, these people seem to see that as contradiction and confusion but thats ok.
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome Logan.

Irish, gotta point out, he didn't actually say he's still a Satanist.

& I thought you didn't care if we didn't like you. Is OK. I still don't like you Tongue Actually I think you're funny so I do kinda.
08-12-2012, 05:10 AM
(08-12-2012 03:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 01:20 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Finally another Satanist, I have to warn you, the atheists here dont tend to like us too much, of course I also dont tend to like them too much, haha. I am also a Satanist in the LaVeyan tradition. I am an explorer and love to read and research so I spend hours on end reading articles, essays, books, mesage forums and whatever else I can get my hands on learning new information and ideas to refine myself and my beliefs/practices, I find that even if I think I know everything or am doing things just right in that moment, there is always improvement to be had, these people seem to see that as contradiction and confusion but thats ok.
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome Logan.

Irish, gotta point out, he didn't actually say he's still a Satanist.

& I thought you didn't care if we didn't like you. Is OK. I still don't like you Tongue Actually I think you're funny so I do kinda.

I went back and read the intro again and you are right, he did not say he is still a Satanist, that's too bad. Oh well, my mistake, sorry about that Logan, I still welcome you to the forum as you may not be as misinformed as everyone else here about what Satanism is all about. Smile Id still consider you an ally in some sense of the word so it still works for me.
In RL I could not care less about a bunch of people on an internet message board think about me, I am still going to continue my life as is and Im glad you find some use from me, even if its humor, I think its misplaced since Im a very serious person but thats your ignorance and has nothing to do with me at all.
Dodgy
08-12-2012, 05:28 AM
(08-12-2012 05:10 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I think its misplaced since Im a very serious person but thats your ignorance and has nothing to do with me at all.
Dodgy
Laughat I don't know why but you're really hitting my funny bone today Smile
08-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Welcome Logan, hope to see you around the forum.

Oh and Irishdize.
Morondog:

Because even a moronic dog laughs because of you.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.