From God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: From God
(10-02-2016 02:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I get it! It all makes sense now! My eyes have been opened to the truth.

You mean the truth that JC was just like this guy only two thousand years earlier and not as grumpy? Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 04:32 AM
(11-02-2016 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 02:32 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I get it! It all makes sense now! My eyes have been opened to the truth.

You mean the truth that JC was just like this guy only two thousand years earlier and not as grumpy? Wink
No. I finally understand why atheist find theists to be so repulsive.
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
11-02-2016, 04:45 AM
(11-02-2016 04:32 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  You mean the truth that JC was just like this guy only two thousand years earlier and not as grumpy? Wink

It's one mentally disturbed lunatic. We don't judge you guys by this clown.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-02-2016, 06:57 PM
(11-02-2016 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  You mean the truth that JC was just like this guy only two thousand years earlier and not as grumpy? Wink

I don't find theists repulsive. I'm married to one.

A bumper sticker I once read.

"We need more religious fruits, and less religious nuts."

If people are honestly open to discussion, and to come to a mutual understanding all are welcome. But when you get douche's like this guy it's obvious he has intention of a real discussion.

Many of the atheists here didn't wake up one day and arrive at the conclusion that god's don't exist. Many including myself took the long road, of questioning our beliefs, and what we knew of reality.

But hopefully threw this guy you can see some of the shit we put up with. Why so many choose to stay in the closet.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-02-2016, 07:13 PM
(11-02-2016 06:57 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 04:32 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  No. I finally understand why atheist find theists to be so repulsive.

I don't find theists repulsive. I'm married to one.

A bumper sticker I once read.

"We need more religious fruits, and less religious nuts."

If people are honestly open to discussion, and to come to a mutual understanding all are welcome. But when you get douche's like this guy it's obvious he has intention of a real discussion.

Many of the atheists here didn't wake up one day and arrive at the conclusion that god's don't exist. Many including myself took the long road, of questioning our beliefs, and what we knew of reality.

But hopefully threw this guy you can see some of the shit we put up with. Why so many choose to stay in the closet.
Yeah, I remember how everyone reacted when I first came on TTA. I had no idea. But it make sense now.
11-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Meh. Not all theists. Most are quite lovely people, present company included.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
12-02-2016, 02:42 AM

That gods do not exist outside of fiction?

Personally I liked the gods in Homer. They were fun.

It would have been fun in Rome at a festival for Bacchus.

Party likes it's 130 AD.

[Image: article-2202908-1500A345000005DC-458_634x498.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
12-02-2016, 07:25 AM
(09-02-2016 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  WTAF?!?!?!?!?!?

We needed this why?

Because...

(11-02-2016 07:13 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  ...
Yeah, I remember how everyone reacted when I first came on TTA. I had no idea. But it make sense now.

... relativity.

It makes Jason look good.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-02-2016, 08:34 AM
(12-02-2016 07:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  WTAF?!?!?!?!?!?

We needed this why?

Because...

(11-02-2016 07:13 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  ...

... relativity.

It makes Jason look good.

Big Grin
Yeah...but when I first came on TTA, nobody knew me from Adam. Everyone probably assumed I was just another religious nut job troll with a personal agenda. Which is why i felt like it was somewhat hostile. If this is what atheist here on this forum and out in the world have to deal with then I completely understand why so many people confronted me with a raised guard. It's just wrong on so many levels for people to wave the banner of Christianity and act in such a manner.
12-02-2016, 08:50 AM
(12-02-2016 08:34 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yeah...but when I first came on TTA, nobody knew me from Adam.

Ba dum tssh

Quote:Everyone probably assumed I was just another religious nut job troll with a personal agenda.

Are you saying you aren't?
Big Grin

Quote:Which is why i felt like it was somewhat hostile.

"Guarded" often comes across as hostile.

Quote:If this is what atheist here on this forum and out in the world have to deal with then I completely understand why so many people confronted me with a raised guard. It's just wrong on so many levels for people to wave the banner of Christianity and act in such a manner.

This guy is an extreme but, to use a very broad brush, Christians are certain that they have THE TRUTH™ and that we atheists are actively trying to oppose them apparently in order to thwart god's plan and pave the way for satan to rule the world. I'm not saying they always think that consciously but at some level that sort of idea is operating. It colors their behavior towards atheists; sometimes very overtly and sometimes much more subtly.

I don't see how anybody can firmly believe that there is a personal god with whom they have a relationship without thinking that anybody who doesn't believe that is true has something seriously wrong with them. How far they place that on the scale from "mistaken" to "evil" determines how they treat atheists.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post