From Russia with Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 08:49 AM
From Russia with Trump
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russia-tr...d=42263092
Quote:
Donald Trump and his children have for years promoted themselves and their real estate opportunities in Russia and other former Soviet states, and ethics experts say if he is elected President the get-tough U.S. sanctions against Russia could be in direct conflict with his business interests.

Trump has said he will not participate in decisions about his business if he is elected to the White House and that those decisions will be left to his children in what they have called a “blind trust.”

But Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who served as ethics advisor to Republican President George W. Bush, said the arrangement would not fit his definition of a blind trust, and appeared ripe for potential conflicts.

“I don’t see how you have a blind trust when you know what’s in the blind trust,” Painter told ABC News. “The appearance is that a foreign government or other foreign organization has influence over the president of the United States through financial dealings with his family and that would be unacceptable.”

As questions have been raised about Trump’s business interests with Russians, the candidate has sought to distance himself from Moscow.

“For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he wrote on Twitter in July.

He later told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, “Will I sell condos to Russians on occasion? Probably. I mean I do that. I have a lot of condos. I do that. But I have no relationship to Russia whatsoever."

But an ABC News investigation found he has numerous connections to Russian interests both in the U.S. and abroad.

“The level of business amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars -- what he received as a result of interaction with Russian businessmen,” said Sergei Millian, who heads a U.S.-Russia business group and who says he once helped market Trump’s U.S. condos in Russia and the former Soviet states. “They were happy to invest with him, and they were happy to work with Donald Trump. And they were happy to associate—[and] be associated with Donald Trump.”

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-09-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: From Russia with Trump
This fits right in with one of my biggest concerns with Trump. I strongly believe he wants to become President for all the ways he will personally benefit. This is what Trump has always been about... Trump... and no matter at whose expense. Would he care if helping himself was at the expense of the US? I seriously doubt it. All the things he says has very little to do with all the things he plans.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-09-2016, 09:06 AM
(22-09-2016 09:00 AM)Impulse Wrote:  This fits right in with one of my biggest concerns with Trump. I strongly believe he wants to become President for all the ways he will personally benefit. This is what Trump has always been about... Trump... and no matter at whose expense. Would he care if helping himself was at the expense of the US? I seriously doubt it. All the things he says has very little to do with all the things he plans.

There are sanctions against Russia to be lifted....these have been hampering his Russian sales big time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-09-2016, 09:23 AM
(22-09-2016 09:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  There are sanctions against Russia to be lifted....these have been hampering his Russian sales big time.
Exactly.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Come on...... how can the press demonise Trumps business interests and not even cover the fact that the whole democractic system is bought and "paid for play"

The hipocrisy fucking reeks so strong.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-09-2016, 01:24 PM
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/globalvote_loc/?copy
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-09-2016, 01:36 PM
And have we worried about the Bush family and legislation impacting the oil and energy industries before? While interesting to point out a potential conflict, has this reporter also addressed the ACTUAL conflicts that occurred while one HRC was SOS and taking donations for their foundations? If we want to point out potential conflicts then we sure as hell should shine a spotlight on the actual documented ones that occurred while HRC was SOS.

While you bring up the topic, how about the lack of conflict of interest / insider trading prohibitions for our elected members of congress? Are you aware of what I am talking about?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley