From days gone by

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
23-07-2016, 09:07 AM
RE: From days gone by
White sidewall tires. Apparently they were a pain to keep white.

[Image: coker-classic-whitewall-radial_1.png]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Forgot this one. Ashtrays in restaurants.

[Image: fc1a1685956a39801c1572bfc633e93e.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-07-2016, 09:20 AM
[Image: l_100th_anniversary_original_jpg.jpg]

I'm willing to bet most people don't know what that is...

I'm also willing to bet I'm the only one here who actually made a living with one....

It's a Vibroplex semi-auto mechanical telegraphy speed key.....

It's for sending high speed Morse code....

I could send 35 word per minute with one- I passed my high speed test at 50 wpm receiving... (no test for sending - they figure if you can receive - you can send)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-07-2016, 09:21 AM
(22-07-2016 09:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "land lines"
TV antennas

Hold on there Bucky Boo, I've still got a land line and a TV antenna. I'm not paying a crap load of money for cable TV that has 500 stations with nothing on them to watch. I'll just get the few local stations we have for free with the antenna and get the rest of my entertainment from reading your posts. Laugh out load

[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-07-2016, 09:41 AM
(23-07-2016 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
TV antennas

Hold on there Bucky Boo, I've still got a land line and a TV antenna. I'm not paying a crap load of money for cable TV that has 500 stations with nothing on them to watch. I'll just get the few local stations we have for free with the antenna and get the rest of my entertainment from reading your posts. Laugh out load

I also still have a land line, and an old time phone that is independent of electricity. That way I can still make and receive calls when the power is out, which happens a couple times every winter.

And I am fixing to cancel satellite TV and getting an antenna - I can then get local channels via the antenna and everything else online.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-07-2016, 11:30 AM
(23-07-2016 09:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hold on there Bucky Boo, I've still got a land line and a TV antenna. I'm not paying a crap load of money for cable TV that has 500 stations with nothing on them to watch. I'll just get the few local stations we have for free with the antenna and get the rest of my entertainment from reading your posts. Laugh out load

I also still have a land line, and an old time phone that is independent of electricity. That way I can still make and receive calls when the power is out, which happens a couple times every winter.

And I am fixing to cancel satellite TV and getting an antenna - I can then get local channels via the antenna and everything else online.

Exactly. I keep thinking I'm missing something by not having cable but when I go on a trip somewhere and stay in hotels I turn on the tv to see what's on cable. Nothing. Nothing is on cable. It takes a half an hour to go through all the stations or read the tv menu and all I find is crap or infomercials. What a waste of money. I'd rather just have the local stations and the internet which is where I get most of my news.

23-07-2016, 11:36 AM
The last time I had cable or any of its cousins was in 1998 during crypto school, and really only because pay per view wrestling was an important barracks event.

Since then, the TV has just been a place to hook up my consoles or watch DVDs or Netflix when it became available on the 360. To date, I still haven't seen a movie on bluray and the only TV related subscription I have is Netflix.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Lots of clothing has changed. Everything people wore before nylon and lycra was very different so garments had to be fitted to the body more carefully. Bathing suites were originally a knitted affair made with wool. Blink It kinda had stretch to it as the wool fiber is curly and bounces back after being pulled. That was all they had available.

[Image: e2af18b2dd2a2f253b2104fdd4a052b5.jpg]

And speaking of bathing suites, in the 1940's and 50's the fabric wrapped around the front of the crotch so no little bumps would show where the clit is. Here's Marilyn Monroe and a few other ladies......not showing any crotch bumps or camel toes. Rolleyes

[Image: cbbbbfe8d8b15b9b49e08803b809cb93.jpg]

[Image: 94db807970677377ef637053f1bcd695.jpg]

Kinda funny. The olympic committee changed the bathing suits of it's lady athletes back in the early 1980's to remove that little front wrap.

23-07-2016, 11:57 AM
(23-07-2016 06:24 AM)Captain Congo Wrote:  The Mullet
[Image: 6a00d83451aec269e200e551da38bc8833-800wi...fmvbrg.jpg]
K, I'm done Smile

We used to call it "VoKuHiLa"
Vorne kurz, hinten lang = front short, rear long
Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
23-07-2016, 02:12 PM
TV antennas

Wha.....? I'm using a copper pair right now to type this, and with no antenna here, there'd be no digital TV.

Anyway...

[Image: offending_lysol_lead.jpg]

On the surface, this 1930s Lysol ad is about a woman's vaginal odor. But Lysol was
also used as a contraceptive spermicide, which the "organic matter" line alludes to.

The most popular brand of douche was Lysol—an antiseptic soap whose pre-1953 formula contained cresol, a phenol compound reported in some cases to cause inflammation, burning, and even death. By 1911 doctors had recorded 193 Lysol poisonings and five deaths from uterine irrigation.

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post