From days gone by

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
25-07-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: From days gone by
(25-07-2016 06:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 04:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  Bum bags/Fanny packs.

Nintendo scope.

Yo yo's

Spokey dokey's

Manual car window handles.

Our virginty....

Wait a minute. Yo yo's are still a thing. I saw a kid the other day playing with one. I was pretty surprised though.

I gave my bonus granddaughter a yo-yo for her birthday in May along with some other things.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2016, 07:06 PM
From my man: X-ray film.

Blew my mind because tv is still lying to me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-07-2016, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 07:17 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
[Image: ChCgMVWWMAAqJ7c.jpg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-07-2016, 07:57 PM
(25-07-2016 07:13 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  [Image: ChCgMVWWMAAqJ7c.jpg]

My husband still has some of those. He keeps them.....why? I can't figure it out. It's one of the things I might "accidently" throw out some day.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-07-2016, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 08:23 PM by Fireball.)
(25-07-2016 07:13 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  [Image: ChCgMVWWMAAqJ7c.jpg]

Man, I haven't seen an 8" floppy in decades! Here is a link to the old PDP-11 "mini" computer like one I used at a major aerospace company in the early '90s. Note that "mini" in this environment was two cabinets, side by side, each 19" wide, 36" deep, and over 6' tall...with ONE 19" hard drive that could hold a whopping 10 Megs of information. We booted it up by flipping some toggle switches, waiting for lights to come on in sequence, then flipping more toggle switches. I said before that I only worked on mainframes until the mid or so '90s. That was true for analysis and design. This critter was used for data acquisition.

http://www.pdp-11.nl/peripherals/disk/rl-info.html
25-07-2016, 08:30 PM
(25-07-2016 07:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

My husband still has some of those. He keeps them.....why? I can't figure it out. It's one of the things I might "accidently" throw out some day.

Do you have a rare-earth magnet laying around? Just stick one of those floppies to the fridge with that magnet with a note asking if anyone can identify it. Since the magnet will permanently reorient the data in that vicinity, I don't think anyone will be able to read it. Evil_monster
25-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Presidential elections.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-07-2016, 10:23 PM
My son lol'ed when i told him about the first-gen Commodore PET that was my first computing experience, in 9th grade.
25-07-2016, 11:38 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-07-2016, 03:57 AM
(25-07-2016 04:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  Bum bags/Fanny packs.

Nintendo scope.

Yo yo's

Spokey dokey's

Manual car window handles.

Our virginty....

I happen to LIKE manual car window handles...........

If I was buying a new car - I'd pay extra to have manual windows and no sun roof......Personally - I'd rather not have carpet.. Vinyl flooring is more durable...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.