From me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 02:51 PM
From me
Well, it's been a few years since I joined this site. I know I'm a weird one, but thanks for tolerating me. I'm feeling slightly emotional, for no particular reason. So I thought I'd write a little letter to you all saying how I feel. You know, my favorite poem was something I found in a chain letter when I was in middle school. It's about missing the opportunity to connect/communicate with others. It's called Around The Corner. That poem taught me to try to not hold my tongue when I have something I want to tell somebody (even if it seems cheesy).

So in case I die or any such tragedy befalls me, I want to tell you all that I appreciate you.

In my family I was always too young to really count on being heard. I grew up listening to family arguments and drama. Not really contributing or participating in either conversations or events. As I've grown older I've learned to use my voice, but I still remain fairly "unattached". The thing is, I find that I enjoy just being a listener. To observe people that I care about talk, discuss, joke around, argue, get pissed, get emotional. It reminds me of how I felt in my family growing up. I find myself in that role a-lot here. I know I poke in and speak my mind every now and then, maybe even too often, but I often enjoy reading/observing conversation more than I enjoy engaging in them.

I know I disappear for months at a time, but honestly that's how I am in real life too. I will go months or even a year without seeing people. But that doesn't mean I don't think about or care about them. It's just...life is happening you know.

So, thank you everybody for being a great group. Even though I'm unconventional, I do consider you guys friends, or even a strange form of family. I feel at ease just watching you all talk with each other. Really just seeing you all talk to each other makes me happy. I'm the type who likes to just be in the same room as the people I care about. Even if I'm quietly doing my own thing. And coming to TTA feels like entering that room for me.

I wish you all well, and hope your professional and home lives are everything you hope for. I wish you all happiness. And even if you don't hear from me for months at a time, that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you.

Darn, I feel like I had something else to say, but it just isn't coming to mind at the moment. So this will have to do.

-Adrian

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like Adrianime's post
20-05-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: From me
Aw. Thanks, bro. ^^ Hug

☆☆☆
20-05-2016, 02:57 PM
You're a good egg Adrianime Smile And you say nice things. Ve kill you last Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
20-05-2016, 02:59 PM
(20-05-2016 02:51 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  that's how I am in real life too. I will go months or even a year without seeing people. But that doesn't mean I don't think about or care about them. -Adrian

Me too. And I feel the same way you do, it's just good company here. Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
20-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Aww hugs Adrian

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Yeah, you are kinda like that weird cousin that we see now and then at family gatherings. We are used to you after this long and anyway...you belong here.

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Adrian: If I knew your address, I'd send you some postcards with chimpanzees on them. Because I think it would be great.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
20-05-2016, 03:37 PM
(20-05-2016 02:51 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  ...
And even if you don't hear from me for months at a time, that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you.
-Adrian

Yabut! Who.... etc.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
20-05-2016, 03:42 PM
(20-05-2016 03:30 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Adrian: If I knew your address, I'd send you some postcards with chimpanzees on them. Because I think it would be great.

Adrian we don't always agree (but then who does) but you are a pretty cool guy and I am glad to know you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I got you a gift.

[Image: androgel-pump.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post