From nothing, anything comes.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: From nothing, anything comes.
(31-12-2013 09:11 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am perfectly okay with nothing.
I find it hard to imagine. I mean I can get there and whatnot but I have to work at it. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Wai.. WAIT! does that mean God came from SOMETHING!?

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 03:36 PM by Heathen.)
Our universe, as far as we know has certain properties/laws which seem to always apply, one of which is time. Even time is beginning to be redefined and reevaluated, it is not necessarily constant, there is much more to it than we realize in our daily lives. Our understanding of the laws that govern our universe are being expanded. Also, we cannot know that other universes do not exist and what properties/laws those universes may or may not have. What if time did not exist before the big bang? Then there is no "before" since the concept of time did not exist. Drinking Beverage

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
02-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Given that we have something, how do you go about getting to this nothing ?
When we take a container and remove all matter, all light, everything we can think of and we're still left with something and that something weighs a certain amount, then we still haven't gotten to nothing yet.

That something that we fairly recently named dark matter, dark energy is an unknown at this point.
But even if we take that away, we still have space, we still have time, we still have physics and fields of force.

We can't get to a nothing.

All we have and probably all we ever will have is something.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
(02-01-2014 12:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Given that we have something, how do you go about getting to this nothing ?
When we take a container and remove all matter, all light, everything we can think of and we're still left with something and that something weighs a certain amount, then we still haven't gotten to nothing yet.

That something that we fairly recently named dark matter, dark energy is an unknown at this point.
But even if we take that away, we still have space, we still have time, we still have physics and fields of force.

How do you know there will still be time, or space for that matter? A couple of months ago physicists provided information that lets them/us to believe time emerges from entanglement and is not an outside factor.

It is hard to get to nothing because there's nothing to arrive at, but that doesn't mean nothing isn't there (I'm not saying physically. There=doesn't exist).
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
02-01-2014, 06:14 PM
(02-01-2014 01:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 12:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Given that we have something, how do you go about getting to this nothing ?

How do you know there will still be time, or space for that matter? A couple of months ago physicists provided information that lets them/us to believe time emerges from entanglement and is not an outside factor.

It is hard to get to nothing because there's nothing to arrive at, but that doesn't mean nothing isn't there (I'm not saying physically. There=doesn't exist).

There are fields of force that permeate the universe, gravity, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, weak nuclear, higgs. And if you have any of these, you have time and presumably space.

Attaining a true void is really really hard to do.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
02-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(02-01-2014 06:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Attaining a true void is really really hard to do.

I dunno, did you happen to catch a glimpse of Stark's christmas bud? I'd bet you'd find a true void pretty easy after a couple rips on that. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-01-2014, 07:14 PM
(02-01-2014 06:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 06:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Attaining a true void is really really hard to do.

I dunno, did you happen to catch a glimpse of Stark's christmas bud? I'd bet you'd find a true void pretty easy after a couple rips on that. Yes

And then straight away into a sensory deprivation tank. ... Blink ... Blink ... Bechased ... Blink ... Chase ... Hobo

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post