From the North!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
From the North!
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, I just signed up! I'm a scientist from Canada and love to read and chip in on topics of religion and atheism. I've been an atheist ever since I was a child and could decide for myself.

I wonder, how many of you are faced with this situation: You're an atheist as are a lot of your friends, your parents and many close relatives. You work in an environment where gods or religion are never talked or cared about and you don't even get god-knockers at your door on the weekend. Seems ideal, right? But you hear the stories from atheists elsewhere and you're just wishing for a confrontation so you can share your views and challenge religion. Anyone with me on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
RE: From the North!
(09-12-2011 11:24 AM)scientician Wrote:  Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, I just signed up! I'm a scientist from Canada and love to read and chip in on topics of religion and atheism. I've been an atheist ever since I was a child and could decide for myself.

I wonder, how many of you are faced with this situation: You're an atheist as are a lot of your friends, your parents and many close relatives. You work in an environment where gods or religion are never talked or cared about and you don't even get god-knockers at your door on the weekend. Seems ideal, right? But you hear the stories from atheists elsewhere and you're just wishing for a confrontation so you can share your views and challenge religion. Anyone with me on this?

Welcome! I had the opposite to your story. I am only a recent de-convert, and am surrounded by Christian friends, family, relatives, co-workers, etc etc. So this place is where I can share my views and challenge religion openly. Gives me the chance to be locked and loaded when I finally "come out."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM

I'd gladly switch seats with you. I'm surrounded by fundies. Most aren't very vocal about it but when they get goin it makes me want to light myself on fire.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
(09-12-2011 11:51 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

I'd gladly switch seats with you. I'm surrounded by fundies. Most aren't very vocal about it but when they get goin it makes me want to light myself on fire.

[Image: beck-20090409-gas.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
(09-12-2011 12:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Damn fundies and their Glenn Beck. LOL

[Image: 6a0128773aba66970c014e605b36cb970c-800wi]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
(09-12-2011 12:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

[Image: Uso2o.jpg]

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post