Front National Wins in France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Front National Wins in France
As many of you probably know, the FN has taken France in the latest EU election, and Marine Le Pen is going to be the next President when that election finally comes up. What are your thoughts on this?

I personally, I extremely excited! Finally someone is going to put a stop to mad immigration into France and bring back secularism. Here is a thing I made, it is based off a similar poster put out be Lega Nord years ago:
[Image: FvFAAll.jpg]

And a picture of the wonderful Marine Le Pen herself:
[Image: 3984066-3x2-940x627.jpg]

Vive La France!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Front National Wins in France
The latest EUIV pc game expansion was called Res Publicia.
Anyway, what was this thread about? France? Yuck, pass, I'm going to look at another thread.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-07-2014, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 07:35 AM by morondog.)
Link to story on FN winning the elections please? I can't find anything unless it's from way back. Latest I could find was that FN failed to form some kinda voting bloc in EU parliament.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2014, 08:03 AM
(28-07-2014 07:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  Link to story on FN winning the elections please? I can't find anything unless it's from way back. Latest I could find was that FN failed to form some kinda voting bloc in EU parliament.

This is just a place to discuss the FN, Marine Le Pen and such, I know the election victory happened a few months ago but it is still relevant.
28-07-2014, 09:34 PM
(28-07-2014 08:03 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 07:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  Link to story on FN winning the elections please? I can't find anything unless it's from way back. Latest I could find was that FN failed to form some kinda voting bloc in EU parliament.

This is just a place to discuss the FN, Marine Le Pen and such, I know the election victory happened a few months ago but it is still relevant.

Relevant to whom? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2014, 11:11 PM
(28-07-2014 09:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 08:03 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  This is just a place to discuss the FN, Marine Le Pen and such, I know the election victory happened a few months ago but it is still relevant.

Relevant to whom? Consider
Relevant to those who don't want to see France turned into a third-world Islamo-theocratic shithole.
29-07-2014, 12:12 AM
(28-07-2014 11:11 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Relevant to those who don't want to see France turned into a third-world Islamo-theocratic shithole.

I think you're *probably* overstating the risk.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-07-2014, 12:53 AM
EU elections are irrelevant. They have no power. Nationalist parties are the only ones that actually care about those elections. And when they do win they just want to limit the power of the entire institution.

That isn't to say that there are institutions part of the EU which wield huge power, but those are undemocratic.

Which just shows that the EU is at best a joke, at worst a puppet for US state dep. interests.
29-07-2014, 01:42 AM
(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Which just shows that the EU is at best a joke, at worst a puppet for US state dep. interests.

I hardly think that the huge efforts over the course of decades to get the EU into some sort of shape would be taken if people thought they were being duped by the US.

29-07-2014, 08:30 AM
(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  EU elections are irrelevant. They have no power. Nationalist parties are the only ones that actually care about those elections. And when they do win they just want to limit the power of the entire institution.

Find me a developed state without voter apathy, and then we'll talk.

(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  That isn't to say that there are institutions part of the EU which wield huge power, but those are undemocratic.

The European parliament has the power to set budgets and pass legislation. By what standard is that "powerless"? It cannot propose legislation, because the democratic governments comprising the member states do not wish to grant it that power.

Which institutions are undemocratic? Is it the Council? Whose members are the democratically elected national governments? The Commission? Whose members are appointed by the democratically elected national governments? The Court of Justice? Whose members are chosen by the democratically elected national governments?

Or perhaps you mean the eurozone Bank. As a central bank - as with all central banks - it's technocratic in nature but also accountable to the Parliament and Council, which are themselves democratically accountable... Its capital is held by the central banks of the member states, accountable to the democratic governments of the respective member states.

So you can either go full-bore "lol conspiracy" on every election ever (an option, I guess), or admit the democratic basis for common European institutions.

(29-07-2014 12:53 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Which just shows that the EU is at best a joke, at worst a puppet for US state dep. interests.

Is there any basis at all for this besides lol conspiracy?

Last I checked, the United States and the various European states disagreed on all sorts of things.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post